Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was lifting my car to change the rear springs 3 weeks or so ago when the "lift point" on the car crumpled. No big deal, I just have not replaced it as of yet. I was just curious when you unbolt it, is there a nut in the frame rail that gets lost making it impossible to replace this piece of plastic? I have abuddy who is a machinist I might see if he can make solid aluminum or some type of solid rubber replacements.
Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Wow - what good is a "lift point" if it "crumbles" when used!?!? Was there anything (that you could see) that caused it to crumble? Just trying to understand this a little better.

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow - what good is a "lift point" if it "crumbles" when used!?!? Was there anything (that you could see) that caused it to crumble? Just trying to understand this a little better.
Put the floor jack under it started lifting the car, when it gets close to the lifting point I make sure the cup on the jack is centered on it then proceeded to lift the car and heard it "crumple" once the tires left the ground. Not the first time I lifted the car. I always make sure it is centered as I can fit a jack stand under the car (in the crimp weld area) with the massive floor jack under there. (I don't need all the worrisome nellies, if I get crushed under my car at least I died doing something worth while).

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Lift Pad Pro's
Here you go.... I picked up a set of these at SpringFest and the fronts he supplies a bolt that threads into the unibody and the rear is a replacement for the plastic piece of crap.

When I installed these, I didn't realize that one side of the rear was no longer there and the threading was stripped. So I ended up rethreading it to use with a slightly larger bolt.

Came in handy this past weekend when I swapped out the Brembo Rotors (squeaky POS).

I ended up using the jack (new Jack) for the rear to keep it lifted (I know), but I wasn't a 100% certain where to place the jack stand.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Hi
Iv'e noticed in various threads, that several peoples challengers don't have the rear passenger side jack point rubber things. My 2016 does not, as well. Is this an indication that the factors does not install rear passenger side ones?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Hi
Iv'e noticed in various threads, that several peoples challengers don't have the rear passenger side jack point rubber things. My 2016 does not, as well. Is this an indication that the factors does not install rear passenger side ones?
Nope, likely it broke off. Take the rear driver side and remove the bolt and see if it fits the rear passenger side. I would bet it's stripped.

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fOUND THESE.tHEY LOOK BEEFIER AND SOLID AS THE oem ONES ARE "HONECOMB"

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,734 Posts
Both sides ;)

037.jpg