Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Good to know it's maintaining that trend, there was an article some years back about how the Challenger was one of the worst used car values because used models were only marginally less than a brand new one. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
It really comes down to 2015 pricing *and colors*. I have my heart set on hemi orange, and cant get one until late this summer.. so if there is no hemi orange in 2015 (or an exotic color like GWE/b5 blue), then im getting either a '10 RT hemi orange for around 23k (under 10k miles) or '13 RT hemi orange for near 28k (under 10k miles).
I dont mind used if its low miles. Hopefully I'll find one thats been taken care of and buy it from someone on the forums trying to trade up to a 2015.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not everybody got 50k for a car bro I got a used one and love it

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It really comes down to 2015 pricing. I have my heart set on hemi orange, and cant get one until late this summer.. so if there is no hemi orange in 2015 (or an exotic color like GWE/b5 blue), then im getting either a '10 RT hemi orange for around 23k (under 10k miles) or '13 RT hemi orange for near 28k (under 10k miles).
I dont mind used if its low miles. Hopefully I'll find one thats been taken care of and buy it from someone on the forums trying to trade up to a 2015.
You can buy a new 14 R/T for 28, and if I'm not mistaken Hemi Orange is still available.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Don't buy used dude. Makes so much sense to just buy new.
Not when you are going to drive the wheels off it on the highway & daily beat on it & leave it sitting in paking lots all day. Paid just a little over half price of a new equally equiped one. Better to buy one with average miles for the year & beat up to dealer on price because it has high miles for a specialty vehicle & get the price down. Especially since I will be putting 20,000 mikes a year on it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Not when you are going to drive the wheels off it on the highway & daily beat on it & leave it sitting in paking lots all day. Paid just a little over half price of a new equally equiped one. Better to buy one with average miles for the year & beat up to dealer on price because it has high miles for a specialty vehicle & get the price down. Especially since I will be putting 20,000 mikes a year on it.
Guess it depends on what you're going to do with it and how long you need it to last. Resale on these cars is stupid high though. The math is definitely in favor of buying new. I see 2009 SE's going for 17 and 18. Hell, you can buy a new one for 21 or 22. New R/T's are starting at under 28. Used low option R/T's are going for 23 or 24 and we're talking about 5 year old cars.

·
Registered
305 Posts
this is really tough when you're budget is 25k. I want a low mile R/T w/ automatic and a sunroof, but new is 30k and a like-new used one is 28k. they dont even budge. the dealers must love it, because they're the only ones keeping the markup

·
Registered
598 Posts
Guess it depends on what you're going to do with it and how long you need it to last. Resale on these cars is stupid high though. The math is definitely in favor of buying new. I see 2009 SE's going for 17 and 18. Hell, you can buy a new one for 21 or 22. New R/T's are starting at under 28. Used low option R/T's are going for 23 or 24 and we're talking about 5 year old cars.
22 is what I gave for a loaded R/T in hemi orange w/6 speed, would have been 35 or so new. Deals are out there to be had. Plus they don't have hemi orange now, they have a more pastel orange color, that in its self would have been a deal breaker.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Because you can buy new below sticker and get cheaper financing on a new car, it's tough to make a case to buy a used one. I was Challenger shopping late 2012 I was looking for used ones, and I quickly arrived at the fact that buying new was the best deal, even if it was a little more $$$ up front.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts