Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking into upgrading my rotors and pads to slotted and drilled rotors and a performance brake pads.

I've read good and not so good things on so many companies on here and just want to see who offers the best rotor (material, finish, performance) and the best pads (brake dust, performance, less noise).

My dealer has stated as long as I keep the stock diameter rotor it will not void my warranty regarding my brake system. Budget will not let me do a big brake kit so just want to stay with the stock size/set up. I'm open to all suggestions and insight to what other members have or have run on their cars. Who to stay away from ref customer service or product quality and who gives top notch service along with quality. I'm not looking for the cheapest. I will never do cheap brakes on any car that I drive myself or my family around in.

Thanks...

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Here's the write-up on my recent brake upgrade.

Tech: Replacing pads and rotors on a 2011 Challenger R/T - Fast Mopars

I wouldn't recommend cross-drilled rotors as they tend to crack. Slotted or slotted and dimpled are the way to go, IMO.

Pros of my setup: Brakes are much more effective and responsive than stock.
Cons of my setup: The rotors make noise at highway speed (A slight buzzing sound) and under heavy braking which is normal for slotted/dimpled rotors, the Bluestuff pads do squeak here and there, they're quite noisy after a car wash, and they leave quite a bit of dust on the wheels.

I deal with the cons since it's not a daily driver and goes to the track, if it were just a daily driver/street car I would recommend going slotted only and use Yellowstuff pads.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
i went to rock auto.. got raybesto's slotted rotors that are the same as the OEM srt rotors that came on my car for 60 bucks a pc and hawk break pads.. so far so good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate everyone giving their thoughts/experiences. Has anyone heard of this company or done business with them? Master Power Brakes (www.mpbrakes.com)...

My neighbor swears by them on classic cars so I called them up and they happen to be in my own back yard in NC. I spoke to a tech there and he said they mainly do disc conversion kits for classic muscle cars, but have a 'Street Pack' kit for later mopars, mustangs, etc... that is basically what I'm looking for having Slotted crossed drilled rotors using the OE caliper and comes with Hawk brake pads.

I told him that's a little more cost than other sites. He said that they do an extra process of zinc coating their rotors to reduce rust build up. Not really sure how that works. He said they also offer and back a 1 year warranty on the rotors as well. Since I live close by so he invited me to bring my car to their facility in Mooresville to come check out a set right off the shelf.

Again just wondering if anyone has had direct dealings with this company and had experienced negative results in product or service? Maybe I can talk them into doing a discount for member on here or something?

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is on my to-do list:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/p.../2013/make/dodge/model/challenger?prefilter=1

I'll also be upgrading the fluid and going with stainless steel lines because the pedals are WAAAY too mushy before they bite on these R/Ts.
Dont do it. Atleast not with that kit. Ive been reading reviews on the package. The pads are okay and made in the US, but the rotors are made in china and prone to lots of issues with lower quality control and irregularities in the metals.

Just a headsup if you havent done it yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts