Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed hawk hps pads and discovered there are also drum brakes inside the rear disc rotors...just wondering if anybody knows if these are part of the emergency braking system or part of the super track pack hd brake package.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My guess is emergency brake. And the rear pistons probably just press in, unlike the ford rear discs where the piston has to be screwed in, that is what gives you E brake on the Ford.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Does anyone know how to adjust the parking brake?

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
yes, when you remove the disc, you will see the brake shoes depending on what side your on at the either 3 or 9 oclock position is the screw tensioner. From the backing plate you can remove rubber plug and use screw driver to adjust. Just like on drum brakes in the old days where the adjuster was at the bottom 6 oclock, and you get to the adjuster from back side through the plug.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks Flat Top I'll have to check it out when I get the time.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
From the 09 Service Manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Just installed hawk hps pads and discovered there are also drum brakes inside the rear disc rotors...just wondering if anybody knows if these are part of the emergency braking system or part of the super track pack hd brake package.
Huh?? I can't even picture that in my pea brain.
Can you link any pictures so I can wrap my brain around this?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts