Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Challenger RT with stage I scat pack. Web sites say a stage II is $1895 which is a cam and either a new PCM or PCM adjustment.
Has anyone been able to get this for less (at dealership only please)
Thanks James.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the below, I assume they are out...not cheap....I have the stage 1, hoping to talk them down for the 2.

Does any one have any experience with the stage 2?

In honor of the 45th anniversary of the legendary “Scat Pack Club” that played a prominent role in Dodge heritage, Dodge and Mopar announced the introduction of new Scat Package performance stage kits for the 2014 Dodge Challenger, 2014 Dodge Charger and 2014 Dodge Dart at the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas.

SCAT PACK 1 5.7-liter
Starting at a U.S. MSRP of $2,195, Scat Pack 1 offers gains of up to 18 horsepower and 18 lb.-ft. of torque, and includes:
· Mopar cold air intake
· Mopar cat-back exhaust
· Stage 1 performance PCM
· Mopar low restriction oil filter
· (2) Scat Pack 1 stage kit hard badges
·
SCAT PACK 2 5.7-liter
With a starting U.S. MSRP of $1,895, Scat Pack 2 yields increases of up to 30 horsepower.
Works in conjunction with Scat Pack 1 and features:
· Mopar performance camshaft kit: includes camshaft, tiebars, heavy-duty pushrods and gaskets
· Stage 2 performance PCM
· (2) Scat Pack 2 stage kit hard badges
·
SCAT PACK 3 5.7-liter
The top-tier offering, Scat Pack 3 ratchets performance up to an exhilarating 58 horsepower and 47 lb.-ft. of torque and a U.S. MSRP of $4,995:
Works in conjunction with Scat Pack 1 & 2 and features:
· Mopar performance CNC ported cylinder heads
· Mopar hi-flow headers
· Mopar hi-flow catalysts

·
Registered
193 Posts
The kits were announced but not available yet. I'm sure you can get them for 10-20% below msrp when they become available. I am interested in the cam specs since there is no mention of valve springs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me rephrase that, I have a stage one "I did" intake and exhaust, I have not touched the PCM. I read elsewhere, stage 2 and 3 are only scats you "have to" let them do to keep warranty. I don't have official stage 1, but should be ready for 2
(also, those prices are individual if you want all 3, its over $9,000 and you have to get them "in order")

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Announced only? well I will find out Monday, I emailed my service guy, see what he says. it mentions heavy duty push rods, I assume springs too. I'd bet for however good or bad the cam specs are, you're stuck with it, cause they probably won't warranty anything else....I'm guessing.

·
Registered
10,140 Posts
I doubt if you'll fine out anything yet, and you'll probably have to buy the Stage One to get the Stage Two.

That's what's been stated so far, with pricing coming this summer.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Challenger R/T Scat Pack 2

Did you not read what I posted? Pricing is there.
Stage 1 is the only one the customer do have done elsewhere and not effect the warranty, and be eligible for next stage (2). “; the unique aspect of Stage 1 is that it can be implemented outside of a Chrysler service center.”
stage one is $2195
stage two is $1895
stage three is $4995

I attached a file "scat_pack.docx" that has high lites of several sites. (if it attached)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Let me rephrase that, I have a stage one "I did" intake and exhaust, I have not touched the PCM. I read elsewhere, stage 2 and 3 are only scats you "have to" let them do to keep warranty. I don't have official stage 1, but should be ready for 2
(also, those prices are individual if you want all 3, its over $9,000 and you have to get them "in order")
So you dont really have stage I???Everyone has added that to there cars but it not the scat pack stage I?

Stage 1 is the only one the customer do have done elsewhere and not effect the warranty, and be eligible for next stage (2). “; the unique aspect of Stage 1 is that it can be implemented outside of a Chrysler service center.”
stage one is $2195
stage two is $1895
stage three is $4995

I attached a file "scat_pack.docx" that has high lites of several sites. (if it attached)
That doesn't mean they are out yet this is DODGE you are dealing with they take forever to get anything done i bet they wont have these out until september!:fight:

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, it does not work that way, if you read the articles, you HAVE to do 1, then 2, then 3. , in order., not to mention stage 3 is much more than just a cam. the only possible savings is do it yourself stage 1...for maybe $1100....after that it will be $1895 + $4995.

·
Registered
10,140 Posts
stage one is $2195
stage two is $1895
stage three is $4995

Yes, I read what you posted, and you initially stated that you already had the Stage One.

Dealers don't have any info yet, just what has been posted on the web. Maybe you haven't read all the material available about these, and that the pricing doesn't include install!

Believe what you want:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rite I do not have the scat pack stage 1...I have "my stage 1", but being its the only stage you can do yourself, or by someone else...and they have to replace (or tune - they aren't clear) the PCM anyway, jumping in to stage 2 (assuming you have intake/exhaust) should be allowed. 1 to 2, would be the only place you could cut corners. If you read the summarization of 3 - 4 articles I posed in that link...it explains all this. Kind of ambiguous, one article words it as if the PCM is replace each time, the other calls it an engine calibration, another says tune ECU (implies using same part). Also one article mentions a high volume oil pump in stage 1, the others do not.

·
Registered
10,140 Posts
So seeing that you have a handle on this, what do you think that HP total is for Stage1+Stage 2????

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, I'm not saying I'm rite...that's jus way I read it....obviously not closely...Im doing 4 other things at once, sorry. And the way "I see it"...I do have the stage 1, minus the PCM adjust. But, think about it, if they have to adjust or replace PCM for stage 2...doing the "in stage 1" can be skipped....unless they go by that other description and force the high flow oil pump? I didn't see where that did not include labor, going back I only see "plus install" for stage 3. I figure I can talking them into me going straight to stage 2 and for below that 1895. I'm not doing stage 3, and if they charge "plus install" on 2 and/or force me back to something on 1.....deals off for me.
ALL they can do is tell me no.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It says in the article what the HP is. stage 1 is 18hp, 1+2 is 30hp, 1,2 and 3 gets 58 hp, YEah..that's LOTTA $ for lil HP, and it appears stage 3 prise is Plus install. If they are all "plus install" ...that's absurd.

·
Registered
10,140 Posts
OK, at least you're understanding that it is absurd pricing for the HP gains.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts