1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im new to this forum and i took my 2012 challenger rt
To the racetrack yesterday and i got my best time it was
A 13:390 at 104.36 :clap: i used to get 13:500 at 103
What mods do you guys say i should put so i can get in the 12:7xx or something in the 12

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
A tune and drag radials should be able to get you those times on a nice day. It really depends on the DA though. With and exhaust and maybe some headers thrown into the list, you should be able to hit those times pretty consistently in decent conditions.

I ran a [email protected] last time out in +500DA..though my R/T has a 3200stall, JBA shorties, catless mids, MBRP catback, drop-in filter (with the stock box), drag radials, and a canned 91oct tune. Oh and did I mention she also has 114,000 miles on her? Lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What stall do you have i want to put one in mine
Are the shorts headers better ? Or the longtube ones?
And in 4 days the tune comes in the mail

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I have a 3200stall from FTI. And if you're looking to get the most out of your car, I'd go with LT's. Other than being cheaper, I went with shorties so that I can swap my catted mid pipes back in at anytime.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Well im new to this forum and i took my 2012 challenger rt
To the racetrack yesterday and i got my best time it was
A 13:390 at 104.36 :clap: i used to get 13:500 at 103
What mods do you guys say i should put so i can get in the 12:7xx or something in the 12
Is your car stock, or do you currently have any mods?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is stock. It's a 2012 Challenger R/T Classic. I am getting the tune by next week and K & N.:headbang2:

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
This is definitely personal best season, keep those great times coming!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Im gonna put my RT in the 12s on the stock tune (who knows when a tune for the '14s will be out) and on F1s.
The tune for the 14's have been out for a while now.. diablo cracked it. Unless your talking about another specific tuner

14 Blacktop R/T

·
Registered
258 Posts
The tune for the 14's have been out for a while now.. diablo cracked it. Unless your talking about another specific tuner

14 Blacktop R/T
Good to know. Im gonna try to do it on the stock tune-as delivered. My car still has 400mi.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I went 12.83 on the stock tune and an MBRP catback..but the DA was amazing!

& The 91oct tune with 93oct fuel seems to work best for most.

Reactions: sbct6

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
What stall do you have i want to put one in mine
Are the shorts headers better ? Or the longtube ones?
And in 4 days the tune comes in the mail
You must mean you have a tuner coming in the mail and your useing the canned tune?
The custom tune would come through e mail or a set of rollers.
One of my first mods was the TC stall. Yes it will rock, however you will need traction.
You want real anytime traction, buy slicks and you wont spin again. You could spray it out the gate and they wont spin.
Remember a little off your 60ft makes a big bunch diffrence out the back door with your ET
Keep the drag radials for foolin around on the street.
Then what ever you throw at it in the furture, you wont be talkin about traction. Buyem once, be done.
After that it would be spray, unless you have plans for a blower. The Blower would of been my first mod.
Good Luck
FlatTop

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts