Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read at AllPar that inside word is the Challenger is going to be a "Prowler" type limited edition product. Low numbers, limited options and 6-speed only.

On the bright side if true they could be thinking 6.4L for SRT version and 6.1L for R/T.

Downside if true would mean prices will take three years or more before a drop to realistic third car potential. Convertible would be a minimum 4 years away.:mad:

I'm hoping they get smart and release a mass production vehicle with three engine options. 3.8L for the rental fleets. 5.7L with MDS for lots of cars and 6.4L for SRT. :)

The 6.1L will finally arrive in the 08 trucks. That's what it was originally designed for anyway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nooooo, no limited edition crap ! Mass production is the only way to go !
Limited edition = mark up for ages ... No thank you !

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
sorbs said:
The 6.1L will finally arrive in the 08 trucks. That's what it was originally designed for anyway.
Says who?:confused: I do agree mass production though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If DC (Dumbass Chrysler) pulls this limited edition crap, I can see them going the way of GM and Ford. We will all be driving Toyatas before its all over because Toyota will buy up what's left of the Big 3.

·
Registered
598 Posts
sorbs said:
On the bright side if true they could be thinking 6.4L for SRT version and 6.1L for R/T.
sorbs, man I hope your right about the 6.4L in the srt-8 version of the challenger,...cause that's the one I've been waitin' for!!;) :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL! :eek:

If you read all the articles written in the car mags, all the information on the internet, all the information in this forum and others;

If you consider all the rumors (some in all probability controlled by DCX to test the market reaction);

If you keep in mind that DCX has never said that the CHALLENGER will not be built;

If you consider that all the DODGE dealerships that we know are thinking (or knowing) that the CHALLENGER is go;

ONE HAS TO CONCLUDE WITH 95% CERTITY :confused: , THAT:

1) DCX WILL build the CHALLENGER with the concept lines and minimal changes;:)

2) We should be able to order one next year;:)

3) It should be only a limited production R/T, 6.1, 6 speed manual, IRS, RWD only;:mad: :)

4) The SRT model will follow with a stronger engine (at least 6.4) and some small differences (thinking shaker like the Cuda :D, concept wheels :D , some stripping, rear spoiler, etc); :)

5) It will be very expensive and hard to get one :( ...but possible.:D

Do you think that I am partly or completely wrong :confused: ? Or I am right :eek: ? and why?

Nextchall

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
nextchall said:
ONE HAS TO CONCLUDE WITH 95% CERTITY :confused: , THAT:

1) DCX WILL build the CHALLENGER with the concept lines and minimal changes;:)

2) We should be able to order one next year;:)

3) It should be only a limited production R/T, 6.1, 6 speed manual, IRS, RWD only;:mad: :)

4) The SRT model will follow with a stronger engine (at least 6.4) and some small differences (thinking shaker like the Cuda :D, concept wheels :D , some stripping, rear spoiler, etc); :)

5) It will be very expensive and hard to get one :( ...but possible.:D

If number 3 happens then don't look for the challenger to be around long.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sublime 340 said:
Agreed. Reference;
GTO
Thunderbird roadster
Chevy SSR
Prowler
Cyclone /Typhoon

All cool cars, except that most folks that would buy, can't buy.

Attn; DCX: if you "niche market" or "boutique" price the Challenger; forget it;

BOUTIQUE BUYERS WILL STILL BUY GERMAN CARS.

If I had the cash, I'd have the CLS.

·
Registered
57 Posts
allhemi said:
If number 3 happens then don't look for the challenger to be around long.
Agreed. Reference;
GTO
Thunderbird roadster
Chevy SSR
Prowler
Cyclone /Typhoon

All cool cars, except that most folks that would buy, can't buy.

Attn; DCX: if you "niche market" or "boutique" price the Challenger; forget it;

BOUTIQUE BUYERS WILL STILL BUY GERMAN CARS.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Considering that the engines that might be used are already used elsewhere and are proven; and it can be built on an existing but slightly altered platform than DCX could easily build it in low numbers and not worry about losing an arm and a leg on tooling and r&d. Afew short run years and poof, on to something else. I hope I'm dead wrong. Can you just see all the honchos at DCX buying up the "Limited Edition" 6.4's and selling them at Barrett Jackson in 10 years for $700,000??????????? Mad, Sad, and Confused. Any input????

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would be surprised to see the Challenger in a limited production other than possibly the SRT version. If they stay true to the concept design and keep the price comparable to the Mustang I feel DCX will seriously errode the Mustangs market and I'm sure they're thinking of the at DCX to. The Camero concept really doesn't do much for me although I do like the 68-69 Camero I feel they missed it on the concept. I own a Daytona and have been very happy with it to date and am interested in the new Challenger but I'm not sure if I want to go back to 2 doors(0ld Age Setting in). Price, Looks and Options are what I'll look at but I really like the concept and if they produce it well we'll see.;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I AM A BOUTIQUE BUYER...and you can be assured that I will buy the CHALLENGER SRT before any other car because there is a special relation between the pony~muscle CHALLENGER and the MOPAR fans like myself.

If the CHALLENGER is not built, I will buy a CAMARO, if built. If not, a MUSTANG if with IRS. If not, THEN BMW M5...BUT I much prefer a CHALLENGER SRT.

I hope DCX will see the light and build a V6 CHALLENGER and other variants..up to the 6.4l...or the CHALLENGER will not be here long, if here at all!

DCX SHOULD TRUST THE MAGIC OF THE CHALLENGER...AND GO MASS MARKET! GO! GO! GO!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm waiting for the official word from DCX. All these rumors flying around don't do anything good for my ulcer. :) j/k

·
Registered
899 Posts
I was nosing around an SRT8 Charger at the Canadian International Auto Show a couple days ago in Toronto and a Jeep rep came up and was talking to me. From what I gathered (and was he ever blown away at how much I already knew..LMAO) they were hyped about Challenger because it would offer a 6-spd for the other LY variants. Ala CTS-V..I take it this is a strong point in bringing this car out and probably a hurtle they just jumped. Hmmmm... Other than that he said the response has "been VERY strong for Challenger and upper management knows it". He elaborated on the 6-spd again before I left.:confused: :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts