Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
December sales increased 31% from 2,536 to 3,330. Full year results increased 42% from 25,852 in 2009 to 36,791 in 2010. Certainly good news for anyone who wants Dodge to continue building the Challenger. It will be interesting to see how widespread availability of the Pentastar and the 392 impacts sales in 2011.

For complete details, here is Chrysler's press release:

Chrysler Group LLC Reports December 2010 U.S. Sales Increased 16 Percent -- AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Weird.............they advertise like crazy, sales increase.

Anyone have a light bulb?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Advertising does help (George Washington commercial), so does the better magazine reviews and people just realizing just how badass this car is.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have definately seen more of them on the road this last December than ever before...they are most certainly catching on...Chrysler, pleeeeeese don't over-produce (as a certain car comes to mind...starts with an "M")...but I love the new 392 and the 6.4 for 2011, its all good for us. I do know the dealers got stuck with some 2010's as the discounts were going deep. Lets see what this year holds.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I hear Fiat will be increasing their stake to over 50% in the coming year so they're believers. I'm happy things are going well for the Dodge "Muscle" division. I sure got tired fast of listening to the whiners and wailers crying about the " bail out". Hah! It worked, now go drive your POS Ford! :)
Ford is doing a lot right. That new Mustang is a nice car.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,793 Posts
Ford is doing a lot right. That new Mustang is a nice car.
Agreed, the bad news is the Camaro just outsold the Mustang for the first time in 23 years. As for the Challenger sales increase, it sure isn't happenning here in the northeast. I haven't seen a change in the amount available within a 200 mile radius around me change by even 1 number in months.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
December sales increased 31% from 2,536 to 3,330. Full year results increased 42% from 25,852 in 2009 to 36,791 in 2010. Certainly good news for anyone who wants Dodge to continue building the Challenger. It will be interesting to see how widespread availability of the Pentastar and the 392 impacts sales in 2011.

For complete details, here is Chrysler's press release:

Chrysler Group LLC Reports December 2010 U.S. Sales Increased 16 Percent -- AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Thanks for sharing this press release. This is definitely good news for Chrysler.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Let's not mix up the improvements at Chrysler, with the government bailout of the unions and the trampling of bondholder rights that took place. They are two totally separate issues.

Chrysler would be in the same spot today, had it gone through a chapter 11. The government intervention was essentially a transfer payment from the taxpayers and the crammed down Chrysler bondholders, to the politically well connected UAW.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Agreed, the bad news is the Camaro just outsold the Mustang for the first time in 23 years. As for the Challenger sales increase, it sure isn't happenning here in the northeast. I haven't seen a change in the amount available within a 200 mile radius around me change by even 1 number in months.
The 2010 Mustang wasn't competitive power wise with the Camaro. With the 302 coming back at ~425 HP, my money is on Ford taking that back from Chevy in 2011. While I love the Camaro, the Mustang is a better driving car with better visibility, a real trunk, and not such a funky interior.

The biggest negative for the Mustang? There's a lot of them, and people that want individuality may not want one for that reason.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I've noticed a few Challengers local to the area where I live.:bigthumb: Thats no small statement considering the area where I live is no thriving metropolis (thats for sure) LOL.
Even though the local dealership seems to not be able to move any Challengers from their lot, these cars are still popping up around here.:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Chrysler has to sell many more cars then they are doing now to stay in Business.
Geeeeee I thought I have seen lots of Chryslers and Challengers at MOST
car rentals at Most airports.( I saw a Black Challenger a few days ago,about 1 Challenger every month}................................JQ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts