Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the NoWeeds Diverters on my car in the beginning of July, personally I'm enjoying them very much. Following the install I've been hit with a lot of DMs regarding performance loss. I didn't notice any, if anything it felt faster due to the noise. I hope the below helps anyone trying to decide if the NoWeeds is a good option for their cars.

I decided to take it to the Dyno here is the video
https://youtu.be/l85AVPQWmOw

I also have another video on why I chose the NoWeeds over other cutout options
https://youtu.be/AcyzTfwHvyw

Long video on sound comparison between stock and NoWeeds
https://youtu.be/ZMXmN7b1CHk

NoWeeds Diverter
The NoWeeds system will cut off your factory exhaust and send the flow out the turndowns.

https://noweeds.net/collections/dodge-challenger/products/noweeds-for-the-2015-2017-dodge-challenger-scat-pack

Special thanks to Jay and his team at NJ Bent Wheel. Professional wheel repair for taking excellent care in holding her down and taking the time to run through these pulls with me.
New Jersey Wheel Repair and Reconditioning

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,045 Posts
Dude, sounds awesome :thumbsup: Car looks great too, congrats :)

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I follow you on Youtube...Love the videos...How are the painted calipers holding up?...I want to paint mine as well...Why did you chose painting over powder coating?...(But back to the subject)...Does the no weeds void your warranty?....Thanks in advance...Sorry for all the questions...I'm a newb...:frown:

·
Registered
637 Posts
That sounds petty good. If I only knew someone I could trust installing it.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my NoWeeds cutouts!

I'm hoping their unique configuration will resolve my clearance problems. I have no objections to my Badlandzhpe cutouts, but the Y pipe is just too big.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I follow you on Youtube...Love the videos...How are the painted calipers holding up?...I want to paint mine as well...Why did you chose painting over powder coating?...(But back to the subject)...Does the no weeds void your warranty?....Thanks in advance...Sorry for all the questions...I'm a newb...:frown:
Thank you!!! Calipers are holding up very well, here is a recent photo https://www.instagram.com/p/BXBQxE6lQuN/?taken-by=workplaydrive I only have 1 tiny chip (hidden by the giraffe leg, from a guy leaving cars and coffee who felt it necessary to do a burn out. He chipped my rim, G2 and my door. :frown:

I'm sure you exhaust warranty would be questioned, but for other things they would need to prove the NoWeeds caused the issue for it to void the warranty. You would need to dive into the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act on how that works.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my NoWeeds cutouts!

I'm hoping their unique configuration will resolve my clearance problems. I have no objections to my Badlandzhpe cutouts, but the Y pipe is just too big.

I took some measurements from the Chassis down when installing my NoWeeds. With my 2015 scat pack install it wound up being 5/8" lower than the stock exhaust at it's lowest point. Hope that helps

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds petty good. If I only knew someone I could trust installing it.

If you are good with your hands... I have a DIY video on the install coming out soon. :wink3: If not I feel your pain. After losing my trusted mechanic I was in limbo for almost 2 years with second rate hack shops until I found a new one. I like to DIY on my challenger but my beater usually goes to the mechanic.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I see the cutouts are all for the Scat Pack and SRTs. If I wanted to put one on my 5.7l would it be more practical to swap the whole exhaust to my 2015 R/T (Minus the actuators of course) first, than to try and adapt my smaller exhaust to the cutouts?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see the cutouts are all for the Scat Pack and SRTs. If I wanted to put one on my 5.7l would it be more practical to swap the whole exhaust to my 2015 R/T (Minus the actuators of course) first, than to try and adapt my smaller exhaust to the cutouts?
If you want to change the overall exhaust tone when the diverters or Cutouts are closed then changing the factory exhaust is a good option. If you are just looking to install a set of "noise makers" then The NoWeeds system also has non vehicle specific setups. Just give them a call or email and they will gladly help you out.

When I was purchasing mine they did not have a Scat Pack Specific setup. I contacted them and they were very helpful in getting me the right set for my car. Then following the install I provided them with some feedback and measurements on the installation. They made a few minor changes to make it even easier for future installs. I"m very pleased with the experience.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
If you want to change the overall exhaust tone when the diverters or Cutouts are closed then changing the factory exhaust is a good option. If you are just looking to install a set of "noise makers" then The NoWeeds system also has non vehicle specific setups. Just give them a call or email and they will gladly help you out.

When I was purchasing mine they did not have a Scat Pack Specific setup. I contacted them and they were very helpful in getting me the right set for my car. Then following the install I provided them with some feedback and measurements on the installation. They made a few minor changes to make it even easier for future installs. I"m very pleased with the experience.
yeah, I already deleted the resonators and changed the mufflers. The 2015 R/Ts were quiet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How difficult is it to do the wiring for NOWEEDS? I am extremely interested in cutouts, but don't want to make any permanent changes to anything other than the exhaust.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How difficult is it to do the wiring for NOWEEDS? I am extremely interested in cutouts, but don't want to make any permanent changes to anything other than the exhaust.
The wiring is very simple it only requires tapping power and ground from the harness under your seat with a crimp blade. You need to drill a small 3/8" hole to come up in the floor pan under the seat. I'm 99% finished with the full install and wiring videos which I'll put up on on Monday. It covers every aspect of the install on my 2015 Scat Pack. Check my Channel or website Monday night WorkPlayDrive - Sport Mode Engaged...

·
Registered
88 Posts
The wiring is very simple it only requires tapping power and ground from the harness under your seat with a crimp blade. You need to drill a small 3/8" hole to come up in the floor pan under the seat. I'm 99% finished with the full install and wiring videos which I'll put up on on Monday. It covers every aspect of the install on my 2015 Scat Pack. Check my Channel or website Monday night WorkPlayDrive - Sport Mode Engaged...
Will do. I've got a 2011 SRT8 but I would imagine there's not much of a change in installation, if any.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Great info, looked at the video's last night... All I gotta say is you are one patient guy. When your kid comes over and your underneath the car and he wants donuts... LOL

I just picked up my SPS and my concern with any electrical cutout system under the car since I hate have to do things twice. Is that dirt and grime will eventually work it's way into the piston to either jam the piston or even worse short the motor out. It would seem the ideal would be is to have a very thing minimized enclosure for this system to avoid that plus I would image in some state's LEO would look under the vehicle and right up a citation if they saw anything that looks lie a cutout.

but it does sound great, did you ever do the mid muffler delete? I couldn't tell by the video.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts