Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove a buddy's charger scatpack comparing the 2 surprising the charger feels smaller ,more throttle response just tapping the gas and my hemi tick is a lot louder than his but dodge says its normal . Does anyone know why his throttle response is way more touchy than mine ?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Floor your car more often :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a fuse to pull my 5.7 14 shaker fuse 2 reset the adaptive learning not sure on the scat . I do floor my car lol .

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I'm not sure, as stated above though disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes will definitely work.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Fuse #31 from what I understand.

Only thing I can think of is the adaptive learning these cars go through. Which was already mentioned.

I've noticed on our cars the adaptive learning is a lot different than say a RAM. It's a lot more pronounced; as in you can really tell when someone babies one of these cars, or when someone has a lead foot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fuse #31 from what I understand.

Only thing I can think of is the adaptive learning these cars go through. Which was already mentioned.

I've noticed on our cars the adaptive learning is a lot different than say a RAM. It's a lot more pronounced; as in you can really tell when someone babies one of these cars, or when someone has a lead foot.
Thanks guys but even when my car was new it never was that responsive . I only have 1460 miles on the car and I get on it ,I don't beat the snot out of it . Also I know I'm beating a dead horse the tick is annoying on my car his car barley noticeable does anyone else hear there tick from the motor

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mine ticks noticeably louder in cooler weather. But above 70*, and the tick can barely be heard. It's the nature of the beast. I've never heard a Hemi that didn't tick, and considering the power the 6.4 puts out I think it has a pretty good excuse to tick a little. Nothing to be worried about. Just make sure you do the proper maintenance at the correct intervals, and it'll be just fine.

I owned a 2005 Ram that ticked it's ass off. It started ticking around 60K miles, and when I got rid of it it had nearly 225K miles on it. Still ticking away, and still as powerful as it was the day I got it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
To get rid of the tick just get a loud exhaust. I have never heard a ticking sound from mine or my wife's challenger. Then again we had flowmasters installed within a couple of days after purchasing our cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks guys but even when my car was new it never was that responsive . I only have 1460 miles on the car and I get on it ,I don't beat the snot out of it . Also I know I'm beating a dead horse the tick is annoying on my car his car barley noticeable does anyone else hear there tick from the motor
I have a 2018 charger scat and yes while idling I have a wierd tick noise that's always there. But my scatpack runs sooo strong and the throttle response is so BEYOND snappy and touchy the tick has never bothered me. It's all stock besides the Tazer (145$) Now way bigger tires smoked through my stock ones in 1st 2wks lol and that's it. I had a challenger scatpack before and I dont know why my car is so fast but its wierd even before the Tazer it was weirdly faster then it should of been and then after the Tazer and having track mode its stupid fast. I ran a 0to6p in 3.9 and 1/4 mile in 12.5 at 113moh. After the Tazer and new tires now I run mid 3s 0to60 all day and high 11s 1/4 miles between 118to124 all day. I'd tell ANYONE get the Charger just get the Tazer fir 145$ and whe. Stock tires are done and they go fast you are BEYOND set. The 145$ taser is the best investment ANYONE could make. They could sell it for 1k and it sould still sell like it does. I would of paid it lol

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I said after I get some passes in. I ran the times posted off if a few test hits after upgrades so yea I'll post it this week. I see no issue running those times

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Pleanty of people have gotten into the high 11s with a stock or near-stock Scat Pack, none of them are in the 120s.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah high 11’s undoubtedly is achievable. But more along the lines of 116-118mph. A stock scat is not going to trap over 120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn't mean that 11's was unbelievable, just the MPH. 124 never gonna happen, 118 idk maybe. Whatever, good luck with your car, and be careful. We all enjoy our 392's, but things happen real fast on the street.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didn't mean that 11's was unbelievable, just the MPH. 124 never gonna happen, 118 idk maybe. Whatever, good luck with your car, and be careful. We all enjoy our 392's, but things happen real fast on the street.

I agree and saftey is always 1st. I always have people with me for lookouts on other cars etc. Again the 118mph in high 11s was my best Calculations based on runnin 113 with a 12.5 so would THINK a 11.9 or so should be around 118. But thanks for the reply I'll update when I make new hits

1 - 20 of 20 Posts