Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been answered sorry for the double post..

Can 2010 SE challenger do a burnout? (From 0)

Looked all over web, YouTube, etc. Can't get straight answer, if you guys have would love to here about it!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes with some power braking they can. Here s a vid of an 09 SE doing it, 2010 is the same, so there is no reason it shouldn't.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
it depends on conditions, its happened a few times without even trying. it seems more likely to do it with half throttle than WOT for some reason. Mine is a 2010.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wouldn't do a burn out with mine.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
It's an SE...it's not made to do burnouts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
oh I disagree, everything is made to do burnouts!
That even includes my scooter.

·
Registered
205 Posts
did one last night. :)
it wont boil em down like the v8's do... but it'll make smoke and noise. (from the tires) ;)

i've found that mine performs on dirt the way a srt performs on asphalt. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2011 will burn them a bit from zero. With ESP on your hear the chirp and then it gets grip, but with it off you can burn them for a few seconds if you want. Haven't wanted to waste the tires to see how long it will last.

Interestingly mine wouldn't when running on the gas the dealership put in it, but after a fill-up with mid grade it is much more powerful.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
oh I disagree, everything is made to do burnouts!
That even includes my scooter.

Hahahah!! A true motor head.

I can do a mean burn out with my 04 Corolla 5spd with it's winter tires on. right now..... in 11 degrees F. With all the salt on the road. It spins really good all the way through 1st and into 2nd for about 20ft. I bet with that kind of tire burning power I am about as fast as an R/T.

:weed:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
should have said stock and without power braking it's not gonna do burnouts.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Its tried a few times without power braking and then the ESC light comes on, so I get chirps. I suppose I should try it with ESC disabled.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
:redcap:This burn out was Chuck Norris approved.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I think I'll pass if I have to invest $10K in my car to do a burn out...just NOT that big a priority for me LOL

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
I think I'll pass if I have to invest $10K in my car to do a burn out...just NOT that big a priority for me LOL
That's why we live in America, everyone has choices. That was a power brake burnout, but I did one the other day going 50 mph when the back tires let loose.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
If this has been answered sorry for the double post..

Can 2010 SE challenger do a burnout? (From 0)

Looked all over web, YouTube, etc. Can't get straight answer, if you guys have would love to here about it!
No, a stock 2010 SE can not do a real burn out. At least mine couldn't.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts