Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Sorry if this has been covered before and a link to the answer would be wonderful if it has...

I am looking into doing a special order Challenger (1320 or Widebody).
Can I only pick packages or can I select some items as a mix and match such as:
1320 package but get the Scat Pack Logo seats from the non-1320 packages as the selections on the build it website do not allow this.

Thanks so much for your time and patience!!!

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
585 Posts
Unfortunately, you can only configure the vehicle in the ways allowed by the website. Feel free to ask anything else you like :)

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Hey everyone,
Sorry if this has been covered before and a link to the answer would be wonderful if it has...

I am looking into doing a special order Challenger (1320 or Widebody).
Can I only pick packages or can I select some items as a mix and match such as:
1320 package but get the Scat Pack Logo seats from the non-1320 packages as the selections on the build it website do not allow this.

Thanks so much for your time and patience!!!
It has to be what’s in the package, you can’t select individual items.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Yep, this is true.
I tried to modify a couple items and dealer said no. :(

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wanted a 1320 package with the Shaker package, but no bueno. :(

I was actually hoping for a 1320 equipped Challenger, but I didn't find any until after I made my purchase. Still quite happy with what I bought but I really wanted a 1320.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I wanted a 1320 package with the Shaker package, but no bueno. :(

I was actually hoping for a 1320 equipped Challenger, but I didn't find any until after I made my purchase. Still quite happy with what I bought but I really wanted a 1320.
I wanted a SPWB Shaker. And for 21' they offered one!
Just had to do the hood pins myself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I find the chart, in the rear of the download brochure, to be very helpful.
Often it will ID package for a particular option, and you can figure it out from there.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yeah, it sucks you can't get some options with certain trims. I'm considering a WB or 1320 myself and can't decide which is best. The plus and minuses are about a wash. I wish you could get the tan or red seats with the 1320 and maybe the flat steering wheel. The WB does look better from most angles, but the fender flares are a little too big IMO and it is a bit pricey compared to the 1320 when you load it up the way I would want it. I really like the brass monkey wheels and the white faced gauges too, but when you add the dynamics, AS and shaker to the regular scat pack, it ends up costing as much as the WB.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
They make some desired options not so desirable. I used their Build a Car for a 2021 Charger R/T. To add the Red Brembos, you have to settle for the cloth seats. What? If you want the Alcrantra seats, It also adds the Performance Handling Group, which deletes the Red Brembos. What?

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
They make some desired options not so desirable. I used their Build a Car for a 2021 Charger R/T. To add the Red Brembos, you have to settle for the cloth seats. What? If you want the Alcrantra seats, It also adds the Performance Handling Group, which deletes the Red Brembos. What?

View attachment 1026510
Makes no sense. It did the same thing with hood pins when I selected one of the performance packages. It deleted them.
It's why I ended up doing them myself.
Go figure.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Don’t blindly go by the website configurator. It’s mostly right, but makes some funky random errors. I found that out when I ordered my SP Shaker 6 months ago. The only 100% accurate way to determine what can be packaged or not is to have a dealer configure one for you.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
585 Posts
Yeah, it sucks you can't get some options with certain trims. I'm considering a WB or 1320 myself and can't decide which is best. The plus and minuses are about a wash. I wish you could get the tan or red seats with the 1320 and maybe the flat steering wheel. The WB does look better from most angles, but the fender flares are a little too big IMO and it is a bit pricey compared to the 1320 when you load it up the way I would want it. I really like the brass monkey wheels and the white faced gauges too, but when you add the dynamics, AS and shaker to the regular scat pack, it ends up costing as much as the WB.
Even compared to Dynamics, the WB has stiffer springs and bigger sway bars, which dramatically improves the handling. When I got my 2019 I really wanted a Shaker but couldn't get it on a WB, but my builds were almost identically priced (I think the Shaker was a little more because it's an expensive option). There is no version of the Challenger with better skid pad ratings or cornering ability than the SPWB. It drives like it's glued to the road, and as I have happily learned with my 2021 the summer tires have WAY more grab than the All Seasons

Ever notice the total lack of anyone ever posting on these forums how much they regret going with the WB? The haters are all driving narrow bodies, and most have no idea what they're missing when it comes to handling.

Reactions: KrzyFast and RWL11

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
"no version of the Challenger with better skid pad ratings or cornering ability than the SPWB"
Half of people who hear this are amazed at it.
The other half are just pissed off. IMO.
Thanks for the input on the Summer tires. Initially ordered them then changed to All Seasons due to longevity concerns. Not that I am unhappy with the AS's.
But can't wait to upgrade when I burn them off. ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know the WB handles well hellraisin, but like I said I live in NW Ohio and most of the roads in my area are flat and straight. I have to go out of my way to find any curves. Plus I don't remember any 1320 owners saying they regret getting that trim either. But yeah, tough call and I think I would be happy with either trim.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I know the WB handles well hellraisin, but like I said I live in NW Ohio and most of the roads in my area are flat and straight. I have to go out of my way to find any curves. Plus I don't remember any 1320 owners saying they regret getting that trim either. But yeah, tough call and I think I would be happy with either trim.
One thing about it, when (or if) you ever pull the trigger on one, you will know more about a Challenger than most first time buyers!

Reactions: Hellraisin

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I get it. But as a first time buyer, at least at the dealer I bought from, I knew way more about 21' Challenger offerings than my sales guy.
He was all Trucks and Jeeps. Said I was only his 2nd Challenger sale.

Reactions: Stitches1974

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
585 Posts
Right on, we're all looking for different things out of our rides, and a WB is not for everyone. Rock chips are a real problem, and if you decide you really don't like the look of the flares then obviously you shouldn't buy one. I want a car that makes me look over my shoulder in the parking lot just to get one more look as I'm walking away, and my WB does that for me.

On the suspension, anyone who hasn't really researched the WB (including a lot of people who own them but aren't giant car nerds) tends to think the Dynamics package is equivalent to the WB suspension, just with narrower tires, because of the ADS. It's really a lot more than that, and I've always said it handles like a completely different car that's always daring you to take hot corners. The difference is dramatic, and I think anyone considering a WB versus another trim should have that information in case it influences their decision.

I drive the :poop: out of my car in places other than the track, so for me the handling is a major item. If I was still racing the 1320 would have been much more appealing.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I get it. But as a first time buyer, at least at the dealer I bought from, I knew way more about 21' Challenger offerings than my sales guy.
He was all Trucks and Jeeps. Said I was only his 2nd Challenger sale.
I know that feeling. I ordered my Wrangler back in 2015. ( My first Wrangler ) The sales guy was almost clueless on them, but was willing to learn. He had pen and paper out when I was explaining items to him.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts