·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
i am asking for help to see if we could find a 2014 srt8 from one of my friend,
car was stolen on march 6, 2014 from st. Paul minnesota,

car info---2014 srt8 challenger, automatic, black with silver rally stripes,
"srt'" logo on top of the windshield. And a "overhaulin" and a "do the sipper merge" on rear window...

Car was stolen with a fake check and driven to the grey hound bus stop in chicago il,

info that was given to my buddy was that guy came from indiana and was staying in chicago,

so i am asking if anyone around the area of chicago, indiana, michigan or sorrounded states could contact me or my buddy at
651-208-6772
matt hanson.

Thanks everybody!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2012, not a 2014

·
Registered
610 Posts
what do you mean stolen with a fake check? .. they sold the car and got paid with a fake check? if so call the FBI that is fraud.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about the misunderstanding,
He sold the car to this guy that pay him with a cashiers check and it turn out to be a fake,
Theres a reward if found...

he contacted local police and trying to hire a private investigator now....

thank you guys for all the help!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
might want to call the police instead of the FBI

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
was the car insured when he sold it ? I would talk to my insurance agent.
he contacted the insurance right after the police, but insurance wont open a claim since he handed the keys and it was basecally his fault, i know its sad but thats how insurance works,
another case if you were to leave the car running while you buy something at the gas station and car got stolen insurance wont open a claim since your fault for leaving keys,

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cashiers check should be cashed immediately at the bank before handing over the car!!!
if you knew that banks dont have the technology to verify righ away if a cashiers check its a fake, i have prove of that

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Ok then if you're not handed over cash on the spot then checks should be cleared from the bank you do business with before handing over the car ! just saying, basic lessons to be learned!!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok then if you're not handed over cash on the spot then checks should be cleared from the bank you do business with before handing over the car ! just saying, basic lessons to be learned!!!!

totally true, he learn the lesson but hopefully its not to late....he still owe money to the finance bank..

·
Registered
589 Posts
if you knew that banks dont have the technology to verify righ away if a cashiers check its a fake, i have prove of that
this is true, the way i do it though is go to the bank its drawn on and cash it there , not my bank. i don't take checks of any kind unless drawn on a local bank , no keys till i have the cash in had or can verify funds transfer with my bank. i didn't know insurance wouldn't cover that though , thats a surprise..

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If the car was stolen either by outright theft or theft by deception (ie fraud check) the car is "stolen" . If you left your keys in the ignition and someone stole your car, yes you were negligent. If you run a red light and get into an accident, you are negligent and the insurance company pays. Hope your friend gets it back in one piece.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is called theft by deception and also a forgery. The police should have entered the vehicle into NCIC so if the vin is ran, it pops as stolen. They should not be able to register it anywhere in the US. Have him call MPD to make sure it is entered as a stolen.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts