Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving at the SRT Track Experience in Vegas last Oct. which I thought was so good, I was invited to drive the CTS-V's at the Sonoma Raceway in California in Dec. It was only 4 hours long vs the 8 hour at the SRT T.E. The coupe looks awesome but IMO didn't feel as good as the wagon. I love this wagon. We didn't get to drive the V-Sedan, but we did drive the Cadillac ATS 3.6L sedan. Very agile and for 320 HP it really moves. :banger:

The CTS-V has 556 HP with a blower and the pitch of the blower at WOT is addicting. :blueblob: It moves quickly, smoothly and is a blast to drive. :yikes: They run about $72K which is $20K more than the SRT Challenger. :icon_rolleyes: When and if the money diff becomes available I would switch to the 'V'. Don't get me wrong, I love my SRT, but the CTS-V is one bad ass car. :SM120:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f100/las-vegas-srt-track-experience-10-24-2013-a-126770/

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
All The Caddy Line is Butt ugly to me. They tried to stealth fighter the the look IMO. I could in no way pay $75,000.00 dollars for one. I worked for Cadillac for five years.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I had the 3.6 CTS. It was a fun car, but it was just too small. One of the things I like best about the Challenger is its size.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All The Caddy Line is Butt ugly to me. They tried to stealth fighter the the look IMO. I could in no way pay $75,000.00 dollars for one. I worked for Cadillac for five years.
Did you get to drive the 'V' when you worked for Cadillac?

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
It's your money and your "likes" that matters. Fast is fun, faster is more fun, and so is the cash outlay. LOL

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's your money and your "likes" that matters. Fast is fun, faster is more fun, and so is the cash outlay. LOL
I was pushing it when I bought the SRT as it took me three years to make up my mind to spend that much. But this 'V' is so far out of my reach at the moment. Maybe a used one with low miles might push me over the edge... or a trade, who knows? In a perfect world I'd have both. :eusa_dance:

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Yep, but....

The CTS-V has 556 HP with a blower and the pitch of the blower at WOT is addicting. :blueblob: It moves quickly, smoothly and is a blast to drive. :yikes: They run about $72K which is $20K more than the SRT Challenger. :icon_rolleyes: When and if the money diff becomes available I would switch to the 'V'. Don't get me wrong, I love my SRT, but the CTS-V is one bad ass car. :SM120:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f100/las-vegas-srt-track-experience-10-24-2013-a-126770/
An SRT with a low 6 psi boost blower makes way more power, and looks good. For $72K you could put one on a brand new SRT for $50K. Then you'd still have $22K in the bank.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
If you are into car movies, check out Hit and Run with Dax Shepard. The V-wagon gets generous screen time in there. ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I love the CTS-V. Especially the coupe. The CTS may be faster but the SRT gets more girls.

1,931 Posts
I doubt the SRT engineers were thinking about the CTS-V during the Challenger design and the Cadillac engineers probably never gave a 2nd thought to a Challenger during their design meetings....two completely different cars......

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
So for clarification, basically this post is to let us know that you like the caddy better than the challenger and that as soon as you have the money you're going to get the caddy, right? OK :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Two completely different vehicles. A Challenger is a muscle car a caddy is well a caddy, even with more HP its still a caddy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have to admit that even though I love my Challenger. It was my second choice and there is only one car that I would "upgrade" to, and that is the CTS-V Coupe. I for one think it is one sexy car and on par with the Challenger, but looks are subjective and everyone has their opinions.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I have to admit that even though I love my Challenger. It was my second choice and there is only one car that I would "upgrade" to, and that is the CTS-V Coupe. I for one think it is one sexy car and on par with the Challenger, but looks are subjective and everyone has their opinions.
If you want a real sexy car then open up your horizons a bit and look at a used Aston Martin DB7 or DB9. Sure, they were $150,000 (give or take) new, but you can pick up a low miles one that looks new that is a few years old in the upper $50's... I have considered it and am still considering it...

·
Registered
388 Posts
See thats the thing…..looks are subjective. Given that the DB9 is one good looking car, but I still think the CTS-V is better looking. For some reason, every sense ford started imitating them, it just changed my opinion of their cars. The Ford Fusion (or at least I think thats the model) looks to much like that car.

If you want a real sexy car then open up your horizons a bit and look at a used Aston Martin DB7 or DB9. Sure, they were $150,000 (give or take) new, but you can pick up a low miles one that looks new that is a few years old in the upper $50's... I have considered it and am still considering it...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I drove a CTS V and it is no joke. It wips most mucle cars out there including ours from the factory.
don't throw your comments unless you drove one. You will be making a fool out of yourself.
I wouldnt get one, but I respect what a "old man car company did"...kicked some a$$.
Dodge - wake up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts