Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see this????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pni-lfEcx0g

This CANNOT be right, 780 whp and over 900 ft lbs on a STOCK 392 with headers and a ProCharger F1?!?

This MUST have some NOS being shot through it too... Stock dyno usually around 400 whp and 400 ft lbs...so they claim it gained 380 and 500?! Am I missing something?... Usually the "rule of thumb" on large V8s is 16-25 hp/lb of boost, on the higher end with head/headers/big tb and intake and lower end with stock setup...turbos being higher than this without the belt drive...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Idk. I could see it only because it's an F1 procharger. The F bodies make ridiculous power with this set up too. Different cars I know, but I'm guessing that engine wouldn't last long

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk. I could see it only because it's an F1 procharger. The F bodies make ridiculous power with this set up too. Different cars I know, but I'm guessing that engine wouldn't last long
Yeah but 10 lbs of boost peak is 10 lbs of boost regardless of the head unit spitting it out right? ...still belt driven so costs some power to even turn it...I don't get it...

Reactions: Flat Top

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Yea 10lbs is 10lbs, its also the volume of air its moving. A 4.2 L Kenne Bell at 10lbs puts out a whole lot more than a KB 2.8L at 10lbs
Its a huge diffrence, But, one is fuel pumps, Injectors on and on with supporting mods to get it there. And on a stock motor, Hummm good luck.
I seen many dyno queens put up big ol drum numbers and run like sh!t at the track and dont ET or MPH. But big drum numbers.
Let me guess,,, its on 91 pump gas also. LOL LOL LOL You know thats BS if so.
FlatTop

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea 10lbs is 10lbs, its also the volume of air its moving. A 4.2 L Kenne Bell at 10lbs puts out a whole lot more than a KB 2.8L at 10lbs
Its a huge diffrence, But, one is fuel pumps, Injectors on and on with supporting mods to get it there. And on a stock motor, Hummm good luck.
I seen many dyno queens put up big ol drum numbers and run like sh!t at the track and dont ET or MPH. But big drum numbers.
Let me guess,,, its on 91 pump gas also. LOL LOL LOL You know thats BS if so.
FlatTop
Agreed! But one thing this DID do is make me look into F1D ProChargers...and I've decided to do that in place of the D1. I don't completely understand it yet and still reading and researching but like you said about the larger KB setup...it supposedly moves more volume and produces more torque than than the D1.

But I agree...pump gas, stock motor and internals...just headers and F1? No way its making 800/900. That's turbo numbers on a built motor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts