Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We installed the Airaid Challenger SRT8 and RT intake on our 2010 SRT8 yesterday....All in all.. I must say I am impressed. Fitment and installation went perfect with none of the typical gotchas you get when doing the home installs;)

Will try to get to the dyno this week....but from the install we did on an RT, expecting 7-10hp bump.

Excellent bang for your buck....Gonna do a CF Challenger Spoiler today

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Loving the extra power and sound from the CAI. Also, I know that it's great for my Challenger. If you don't have a CAI yet, I definitely recommend getting one, as it's about the best bang for your buck there is.

Thanks,
Matt :thumbsup:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've had this CAI on my SRT since about 6 months after I bought it in '09 and it's a great piece, I saw a 10HP jump over stock on the dyno. Highly recommend it!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Does the Airaid filter need to be oiled, like the K&N?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I notice in the first pic that the air temp sensor is installed with the red lock tab pointing up, is this the correct clocking? (or does it even matter?)

Mine had a CAI when I bought it so I never saw the clock position in the stock intake.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I notice in the first pic that the air temp sensor is installed with the red lock tab pointing up, is this the correct clocking? (or does it even matter?)

Mine had a CAI when I bought it so I never saw the clock position in the stock intake.
It doesn't matter, ultimately. That's the way it was on our vehicle at stock, so we put it back that way, but as long as it plugs in, you're fine.

Thanks,
Matt :thumbsup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We installed the Airaid Challenger SRT8 and RT intake on our 2010 SRT8 yesterday....All in all.. I must say I am impressed. Fitment and installation went perfect with none of the typical gotchas you get when doing the home installs;)

Will try to get to the dyno this week....but from the install we did on an RT, expecting 7-10hp bump.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Does the Airaid filter need to be oiled, like the K&N?

You can get one or the other...one does and one doesn't...Just a wash and dry...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

May just be the photo angle and it probably doesn't matter but I think the rubber seal is supposed to angle outwards away from the filter so when it's pulling air it can't pull the seal away from the hood...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.