Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALL Purely speculation of course...

The SRT8 Charger has supposedly seen 172mph, Sub 5 sec 0-60's and 11.? sec 1/4 Mile times.

What might the Challenger SRT8 do?

Things to consider.

• 50hp+ More
  • 500lbs Less
  • Better Aerodynamics (would almost have to be)
  • Taller/Shorter Gearing?
It's all guessing at this point, I know...

Just a topic for the Bench Racers... :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wouldn't say better aerodynamics...but that extra gear might get close to 185 or so...If My Source is correct...the srt-8 version would push 505 h.p. through a 7 speed auto( from the SL65 AMG) THAT MIGHT SEE 200!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
It will hafta do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds or less to compete with the Mustang... I am pretty sure it will do that, in fact, I sort of expect better out of the Challenger. Top speed... who knows... they might limit it? It should not be limited to less than 160 though. If it has a 7 speed auto... I'd probably get that option... even with as much as I love manuals. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the two of them one would have to think the Challenger is more aerodynamic for sure... right? Sure looks like it to me but I guess when it comes to that science we cannot assume until we see the numbers.

But I will say it is!!

The 7 Speed Auto from the AMG 65 would be a dream... give me that, 500hp+ and AWD too and I'd prob die before driving it... as I reached for the door :p

They did not limit the the C/M/3 SRT8's so I can't see whay they'd start with this one.

Let's keep in mind that they may be careful to not out-do the Viper but then again we don't know what the Viper will have by '09.

Dream Numbers
0-60 Low 4's
1/4 11 Flat @ 130
Top Speed: 200 (just to be in that club)
1.1G Skid
Braking 100-0: 100ft
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
E-Body said:
The SRT8 Charger has supposedly seen 172mph, Sub 5 sec 0-60's and 11.? sec 1/4 Mile times.
Where are you getting these numbers???? The fastest time for I've seen for the SRT8 is a 12.5 and that was for broken in 300C.

I would expect the 6.1 Challenger to run low-to-mid 12s because it should be lighter than the other SRT8s. If the 6.4 Hemi is used, than 11s for sure. As for top speed, without the official gear size I would say 175.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, maybe no one has broken in to the 11's yet but I thought I had read a claim of 11.8 somewhere... perhaps my mistake

It's all bench racing after all if you aren't right there to see it. :D

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think when its first tested that the 1/4 et will be about 12.5-12.7 range. And after tweaking with some basic mods,I see in the lower 12's possible.A realistic guess,because I'm sure car will come in at least 3800 lbs.;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
on the 500hp version, im guessing [email protected]@119 with a decent 60'.. thats if it weighs 500lbs less..

·
Registered
158 Posts
E-Body said:
Things to consider.

• 50hp+ More
  • 500lbs Less
  • Better Aerodynamics (would almost have to be)
  • Taller/Shorter Gearing?
Another thing to consider...
A GOOD DRIVER

·
Registered
77 Posts
ChriSRT-4 said:
Another thing to consider...
A GOOD DRIVER
\
true. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
"Like Challengers past, this concept packs more than its share of muscle under the hood in the form of an SRT-tuned 6.1-liter, 425-hp, 420-lb-ft Hemi V8, linked to a six-speed manual transmission. Chrysler estimates the fully functional concept should rocket 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds, clip the quarter-mile in 13 seconds and attain a top speed of 174 mph." - Autoweek
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060102/FREE/51229003/1004[/SIZE][/FONT]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm still hoping for the 6.4L because we all know that the 6.1L is just so "ordinary" now....

j/k of course

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
E-Body said:
I'm still hoping for the 6.4L because we all know that the 6.1L is just so "ordinary" now....

j/k of course
I'm with you...Go for the biggest and the best!! Bring on the 392!;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts