1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is serious -- seriously funny!

I came across is ad today. Not made up. Here's how it's titled:

For Sale: 2010 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 - Needs some work

I think is qualifies for the "Understatement of the Year" award.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Do you have a contact number for that car? I am very interested thx

·
Registered
676 Posts
Does it have a HEMI!?!? :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm sure its still under warranty. I agree, a bit of duct tape and bailing wire and it'll be good as new.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey it's pretty local to me! I should buy it :D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Not bad for the 7.7k. The motor and trans can probably be sold for that alone.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Do you have a contact number for that car? I am very interested thx

A good core to start a pure drag car and less than a BIW.
Tout09

·
Registered
389 Posts
Seems suspicious...
Why was this not fixed by insurance...? C'mon .. a new car like this NOT insured?
What else is wrong with it?
.. someone is taking a major rogering on this !

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The ebay seller appears to specialize in totaled cars. He is also listing another Challenger, Camaro, and a Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
2015 SRT 392
665 Posts
Seems suspicious...
Why was this not fixed by insurance...? C'mon .. a new car like this NOT insured?
What else is wrong with it?
.. someone is taking a major rogering on this !
huh? I was written off by insurance as a total loss. They probably dumped it off to this guy for like $5000, and he's looking for a little profit.

·
Registered
389 Posts
huh? It was written off by insurance as a total loss. They probably dumped it off to this guy for like $5000, and he's looking for a little profit.
If the car was a total by Insurance co.. there must be a lot wrong with it.. it looks like body dammage to the front.. but it must have wrecked the entire drive train!
Insurance companys are NOT in the philanthropy business! they know what the remaining parts of a car are worth..

The car just doesnt look "totaled"....

·
Registered
460 Posts
If the car was a total by Insurance co.. there must be a lot wrong with it.. it looks like body dammage to the front.. but it must have wrecked the entire drive train!
Insurance companys are NOT in the philanthropy business! they know what the remaining parts of a car are worth..

The car just doesnt look "totaled"....
There might be rear end damage as well. It's hard to tell but it looks like it might be a little wavy after the gas cap. Could be a lot more damage than is visible in just that one picture, let alone the damage under the hood.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
if it sounds to good to be true, then it is " snake oil "

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
peoples, peoples, peoples ::::: just shaking head ::::: the point was "Needs Some Work." Don't be getting all serious about it. It was humorous -- not "My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it" stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts