Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, would appreciate any ideas or news of TSB's etc regarding a heavy creaking noise from the rear suspension over uneven roads at low speed.
Had new Pedders Subframe bushes fitted 6 months ago to stop a clunking noise & it worked but this is a new problem which has me at a loss.
I live in the UK so it is somewhat difficult to get any sort of info on my American Pride & Joy so welcome any suggestions from all you guys.
Thanks from a limey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ronnie, and appreciate your welcome. This Forum & and the Members like you that post & are willing to help others with their problems are a Credit to you all.
Lee.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Lee, one of the liabilities in using a urethane bushing is they tend to make more noise... this is why the factory uses rubber.. they arent as 'vocal'..

this might be a trade off of the increased stiffness.. have you tried giving peddlers a call?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lee

Hi Blubyu, had thought about the Pedders urethane upgrade but this has not been a problem in over six months.

Creaking is only coming from the rear drivers side & sounds like a really bad rusty door hinge, to all intents & purposes you would immediately think the problem was either the spring or the shock absorber but I have spent days underneath & pretty much eliminated these as the problem.

Checked whole suspension for loose bolts etc & sprayed all moving parts with Silicone spray but still the same.

Its so bad you would think the cause would be obvious but its not, looking like I will just have to drop the Subframe & start eliminating one piece at a time which is a real pain as I just know it is going to be something simple causing the noise in the end.

Many thanks for your input.

·
Registered
448 Posts
LeeUK...

I had the same symptoms...finally got it fixed.
Check here...
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/noise-rear-suspension-anyone-else-29826/

"Case resolved after 3 visits to the dealer...The parking brake cable was rubbing against the gastank so the mechanic pushed the cable up a few inches...took it for a test drive...NO creaking sound....then the next morning the creaking was back...SO off to the dealer again...this time used a plastic wire tie to the parking brake cable and attached it to an out of the way NON RUBBING area....been OK for weeks now. With the car up on a lift...stand under the gas tank facing forward toward the engine. This cable is on the "left side of the gas tank"...hopefully this is a fix for you guys and girls...you should see the cable between the tank and the chassis platform."
...Seamaster...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts