Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have challenger RT auto transmition and I want to make the exhaust little bit louder . If I delete the rear mufflers does it drone inside the cabin. Plz help

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
What little experience I have in changing exhausts shows that the rear resonators are the units which stop the drone. You may get the sound you want without drone if you remove the front mufflers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean removing the mufflers under the cabin and replace it with long pipe . If I did it in this way is there will be drone ???

·
Registered
247 Posts
I deleted the mufflers up front, no drone. I have an auto, although I wonder if removing the resonators would have been louder as far as sound goes?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
You will suffer from the drone if you remove your resonators considering your car is an auto. Some people like the drone and can live with it, others cant. It's based on your taste and opinion. I'm having my resonators deleted in a couple of weeks. I just hope the drone isn't as bad as some of the members have described it here!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I like the way the SRT Auto's sound, same sound as mine just a little louder.. my taste runs different from most, I like the old "turbo" type sound and not the "growley" or "glasspack" sound.. not sure what I'll do but it will have to involve the mid-mufflers and not the resos.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have challenger RT auto transmition and I want to make the exhaust little bit louder . If I delete the rear mufflers does it drone inside the cabin. Plz help
This question has been asked many times, and the what I have found out is the stock exhaust system flows real good, but the resonators are very restrictive. I replaced the resonators with a pair of magnaflow mufflers and the car sounds real nice with no drone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts