Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
So, a GC/Durango, which FCA already has. I don't think it will ever happen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's a Chalrango.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,943 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,276 Posts
.......dont we already have the Durango SRT? and Trackhawk?
Dodge doesnt need / wont do another high HP SUV.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I had 3 new Chargers back in the day when they were 2 door cars. They come out with a 4 door Charger and I almost puked. Give it any name you want, but not Charger. I had a new 2 door, 1978 Magnum. Then they come out with a station wagon bearing the Magnum nameplate. Again, I wanted to puke. FCA - do NOT come out with a Challenger SUV. What would the point be?

Reactions: Rallye72 and vpzyck

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
OGs will recall the Mitsubishi Eclipse. AWD, DOHC, Turbo. This was back in the 90s long before this was fashionable, like today. The Eclipse was rebadge as the Plymouth Laser.

Mitsubishi brought back the Eclipse as an SUV today. They figure the sporty name will make the SUV sound sporty.

As crazy as this sounds, I would think there is more truth to a Challenger SUV. Marketing calls for SUVs, it does not matter what. It's all about trucks and SUVs. Make a SUV and it will sell.

A new Challenger is a risky gamble. There is the Camaro Blazer, so what's FCA's answer?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
As crazy as this sounds, I would think there is more truth to a Challenger SUV. Marketing calls for SUVs, it does not matter what. It's all about trucks and SUVs. Make a SUV and it will sell.
Honestly, we have a '15 Durango in our garage. They already make an SUV. BIL has a '15 Jouney in his garage. They already make a smaller SUV. If they need to make another SUV, fine. Use the Magnum nameplate they've already bastardized. JMHO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Honestly, we have a '15 Durango in our garage. They already make an SUV. BIL has a '15 Jouney in his garage. They already make a smaller SUV. If they need to make another SUV, fine. Use the Magnum nameplate they've already bastardized. JMHO.
IMO, something like this would make a great Journey replacement. The current Journey, nor its nameplate, really represent the performance image FCA is trying to give Dodge. Clearly, this render isn’t quite ready for primetime, but something similar looking as a CUV would probably sell pretty well and would be a great fit for Dodge. The Durango already has a front clip similar to the Charger and a lightbar taillight. A CUV with some Challenger-esque styling cues might be just the ticket. Not for me personally, but CUVs are hot AF right now, and currently Dodge only has three products worth buying. This could make number four. That said, it’ll probably never happen.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
If they want my cash up front for a new car, my first request has always been, since Challenger came out in 2008.
PUT A STICK IN A CHARGER, PPLLLEEEAAASSSEE, Pretty, Pretty, please.
Widebody, Scat Pack, 6sp Charger = Sign me up!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,256 Posts
I guess if this is going to be a "performance" SUV why not reuse the name from the compact SUV Nitro that was offered between 2007-2012?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I guess if this is going to be a "performance" SUV why not reuse the name from the compact SUV Nitro that was offered between 2007-2012?
Exactly, why not. And why not use classic names they already "ruined?"

I think automotive industry is full of (young) guys trying to make a name for themselves, to be the next Lee Iacocca, John Delorean, Chris Bangle, Larry Shinoda or Hau Thai-Tang.

These young people are all about making a name for themselves. "Branding." Every person is now a brand, where the (car) Brand now does not matter, like the old days.

They would not be afraid to trash everything to make something new, shocking, because those old names don't mean anything to them.

If it's not in Playstation game when they grew up, the names don't mean nothing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts