Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Challenger TA lowered suspension?

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  sublimejhn 
#1 ·
Can anyone confirm that the TA has a lowered suspension? I watched a video on YouTube where this claim was made, and when I asked where this info came from I was met with a typical internet response of "do your research." Well a link to that "research" would have been nice, so if anyone here has any info I'd like to see it. Thanks!

#7 ·
Ok here's the deal, let's forget 2019 for the moment. There are two and only two different ride heights for the R/T.

First is the Performance suspension and this is the standard suspension that would come on a zero option base R/T. The SXT when it has 20 inch wheels would also use this suspension so it's just your basic suspension.

Second is the Sport suspension and this was an optional stiffer and lowered suspension that you could order on a base R/T or other R/T like Classic and Blacktop under the option name Super Track Pack. This suspension was also the standard suspension on the Shaker and on the T/A.

So if you have a T/A you will have this suspension and your car will be lower compared to the base Performance suspension but not any lower compared to a car with Super Track Pack because they would have the same suspension.

Now for 2019, it's even easier because there's no more Performance suspension and all cars get the Super Track Pack as standard equipment, so all R/Ts are now the same height.

So hopefully that clears it up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Ok here's the deal, let's forget 2019 for the moment. There are two and only two different ride heights for the R/T.

First is the Performance suspension and this is the standard suspension that would come on a zero option base R/T. The SXT when it has 20 inch wheels would also use this suspension so it's just your basic suspension.

Second is the Sport suspension and this was an optional stiffer and lowered suspension that you could order on a base R/T or other R/T like Classic and Blacktop under the option name Super Track Pack. This suspension was also the standard suspension on the Shaker and on the T/A.

So if you have a T/A you will have this suspension and your car will be lower compared to the base Performance suspension but not any lower compared to a car with Super Track Pack because they would have the same suspension.

Now for 2019, it's even easier because there's no more Performance suspension and all cars get the Super Track Pack as standard equipment, so all R/Ts are now the same height.

So hopefully that clears it up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Perfect, couldn't be any more clear with that post. Thanks for the info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.