Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Looking for some input on changing the spoiler decal on my 2017 T/A to the original 1970 decal.
I think it is bigger and reflective.
Thoughts!

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
I wouldn't, but that is only my opinion. The 1970 decal shouldn't be that much bigger, it may only look that way because the original spoiler is smaller. As to being originally reflective -I don't know. I love the current version and I wouldn't touch my decal.

I stand corrected!! The old one is a bit larger overall.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here's are a couple reference photos depicting the 1970 decal (with "R/T" instead of "T/A") attached to a Hellcat spoiler I installed on my 2014. The decal is reflective.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi
Please if you have time to measure.
thanks
Thank you. Below are the measurements you are seeking.

Height of the "C" is 1-5/16"
Heigh of remaining "Challenger" script letters (except "ll") is 5/8"
Length of "Challenger" script is 7-1/8"
Total decal length is 10-5/8" (for the "R/T" decal, measurement will vary slightly for the "T/A").

Note, the decal comes on a single sheet with the script and model designation already pre-positioned. Original positioning measurements attached for general guidance, however the modern spoiler dimensions are different (1970: 65" x 3.75", 2015+ 61.25" x 3.75")

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts

Total decal length is 10-5/8" (for the "R/T" decal, measurement will vary slightly for the "T/A").

Note, the decal comes on a single sheet with the script and model designation already pre-positioned. Original positioning measurements attached for general guidance, however the modern spoiler dimensions are different (1970: 65" x 3.75", 2015+ 61.25" x 3.75")
Well that is quite a bit different then!!! The new ones are only maybe an inch high and about 7" in length overall to include the "T/A".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks so much! i will be ordering the decals, is there a vendor on here that sells them?

·
Registered
472 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts