Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

National Geographic's Ultimate Factories television series, will include episodes on Challenger and Viper production, when the third season airs this week.

The first episode, due to be broadcast on Thursday, February 3rd at 10 pm Eastern Standard Time, will showcase Dodge Challenger production at Chrysler's 3 million square foot Brampton, Ontario assembly plant, where it takes just 20 hours to transform raw sheetmetal into a complete car; the segment will also cover production of the car's Hemi V-8 engines, which are assembled in Saltillo, Mexico.

Two weeks after that, on Thursday February 17th, 'Ultimate Factories,' will spotlight Viper production at Chrysler's Conner Avenue plant in Detroit, during the car's last year of production. Conner Avenue doesn't feature any robots, thus assembly of Dodge's super sports car is all done by hand.

Both episodes will provide the general public with a rare and unique view into what goes on behind the scenes, when it comes to building two of the most memorable cars to hit the road in recent years. Other episodes in the third season of Ultimate Factories, will highlight facilities operated by Coca Cola, Jack Daniels and Maserati among others.

More: Challenger,Viper plants, to be featured on Nat Geo television on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Don't forget to watch this tonight, 10 eastern, 9 central.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll definitely watch. I still have the episode where the ZR1 Corvette was featured on my dvr.

These types of shows are very interesting. Seeing raw materials fabricated into such beautiful machines is fascinating to me.<O:p

·
Registered
58 Posts

National Geographic's Ultimate Factories television series, will include episodes on Challenger and Viper production, when the third season airs this week.

The first episode, due to be broadcast on Thursday, February 3rd at 10 pm Eastern Standard Time, will showcase Dodge Challenger production at Chrysler's 3 million square foot Brampton, Ontario assembly plant, where it takes just 20 hours to transform raw sheetmetal into a complete car; the segment will also cover production of the car's Hemi V-8 engines, which are assembled in Saltillo, Mexico.

Two weeks after that, on Thursday February 17th, 'Ultimate Factories,' will spotlight Viper production at Chrysler's Conner Avenue plant in Detroit, during the car's last year of production. Conner Avenue doesn't feature any robots, thus assembly of Dodge's super sports car is all done by hand.

Both episodes will provide the general public with a rare and unique view into what goes on behind the scenes, when it comes to building two of the most memorable cars to hit the road in recent years. Other episodes in the third season of Ultimate Factories, will highlight facilities operated by Coca Cola, Jack Daniels and Maserati among others.

More: Challenger,Viper plants, to be featured on Nat Geo television on AutoGuide.com
Here is a link with a preview:
Ultimate Factories: Dodge Challenger airs tonight at Allpar Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep News

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
From another post.

It will also be shown the following dates and times (all times Eastern)

Friday 2/4 - 1 AM
Thursday 2/10 - 6 PM
Thursday 2/10 - 9 PM
Friday 2/11 - 12 AM

·
Registered
9 Posts
As much as I really like this car and have long been pondering the purchase of a 2011, unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me. I can live with the Brampton plant without many issues, BUT Mexican assembly plants I cannot. I'll take my hard earned American money and spend elsewhere. Another old Mopar restoration awaits.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
As much as I really like this car and have long been pondering the purchase of a 2011, unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me. I can live with the Brampton plant without many issues, BUT Mexican assembly plants I cannot. I'll take my hard earned American money and spend elsewhere. Another old Mopar restoration awaits.
Why ? Have there been any problems [other than normal] with the HEMI engines coming out of there !! I heard that a lot of money was spent there [ as well as Brampton I believe] ,its a state -of-the-art facility . isn't it ?!?! Also, a lot or most Mexican workers are very hard workers : unlike some that I witnessed 1st hand ..3+ decades ago at a Whiting /East Chicago ,Indiana steel mill !!! P.S. Just another heads up comrades.. Challenger -being-made :bowdown:TV episode on NatGeo channel at 8,11pm CSTZone !!:eek:hyeah:!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Let me just add one thing for DartGTX to ponder, when a Toyota or Honda is made in the USA the profit goes back to Japan, when a motor is made in Mexico for your Challenger the profit goes to Chryslers home country, America, something to ponder my friend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, pondering further, my thoughts are that I do concur with your statement on the jap owned cars being made here. Common consensus seems to be around 85% of all profits being funneled back, I believe that number to be a little low. Nonetheless I still conclude that foreign owned companies building products here displaces jobs while our situation with Chrysler is no better as they eliminate those jobs all together.
We can banter endlessly on the subject. Yes the Dodge brothers have been in Canada since the inception and have fallen under Chrysler since, Im thinking 1926 or 28, not sure. Thats cool, as I can respect that .
Im not a big union guy either, just to set that straight. Those issues run deep into the abyss of Washington D.C. more so than they are issues that can be resolved or helped at the factory worker level. Corruption at the highest levels.
Respectfully, I'm still not persuaded. The Dana 60 just got finished, back into the GTX it goes. BTW, where are the new aluminum block G3 426's being made? That may be an option for me. Stubborn as hell. I'll admit, even a nationalist to a degree.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I bought a copy of the episode from Amazon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts