Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped this at the gym this morning. I hadn't realized how much bigger and more retro-looking the Challenger was. Mine is the Challenger GT.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Interesting how the fenders flare out like a wide body should but Dodge slaps on extensions. You made a nice choice on your car. I like the newest Camaro style best since they returned but don’t want one.

My next toy in addition to my current car is a manual trans. Mazda Miata convertible. No manual, no car.

Reactions: CtheW0rld

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting how the fenders flare out like a widebody should but dodge slaps on extensions. You made a nice choice on your car. I like the newest Camaro style best since they returned but don’t want one.
My next toy in addition to my current car is a manual trans Mazda Miata convertible. No manual, no car.
I had a Miata the first year they came out. Fun, fun, fun to drive - except in the snow. Definitely 2nd car material.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting how the fenders flare out like a widebody should but dodge slaps on extensions. You made a nice choice on your car. I like the newest Camaro style best since they returned but don’t want one.
My next toy in addition to my current car is a manual trans Mazda Miata convertible. No manual, no car.
Thanks. You, also. I test drove the new Camaro when they first came out. Visibility was terrible and I didn't care for how it drove.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Not to mention we have extra 10 inches in the length over the Camaro and the Mustang too. I love how retro look it is as well as plenty of space inside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
On thing all the Camaros and Mustangs do right is the fender gap. They don't scream "Lower me!", like most Challengers do. A Guy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On thing all the Camaros and Mustangs do right is the fender gap. They don't scream "Lower me!", like most Challengers do. A Guy
The GT sits even higher than others. :laugh2: I don't mind it. It's in keeping with the retro look.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Snapped this at the gym this morning. I hadn't realized how much bigger and more retro-looking the Challenger was. Mine is the Challenger GT.

I assume the Camaro is in the gym’s spin class while the Challenger is hitting the weight room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Not to mention we have extra 10 inches in the length over the Camaro and the Mustang too. I love how retro look it is as well as plenty of space inside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I’ve owned Mustangs and Camaros over the years and seating comfort is why I skipped the 2013 and bought this car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I assume the Camaro is in the gym’s spin class while the Challenger is hitting the weight room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL! :laugh2: I was hitting the weights - chest and shoulder day. Not sure what they were doing. Probably just went in for the massage chairs.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
The GT sits even higher than others. :laugh2: I don't mind it. It's in keeping with the retro look.
Well on the GT it makes sense

A Guy

·
Registered
328 Posts
Every time I see the new Camaro, I wonder if Batman is having to walk...Nanananananana, Batman!

·
Registered
200 Posts
For an even closer side by side comparison, here is my '17 T/A next to my bro's '17 Camaro SS. You can really see how much larger the Challenger's are.

Attachments

Reactions: CtheW0rld

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,847 Posts
For an even closer side by side comparison, here is my '17 T/A next to my bro's '17 Camaro SS. You can really see how much larger the Challenger's are.
Oh man, I can imagine the smack talk that goes on between you and your bro. I have a couple of co-workers, that talk smack every chance they get...and I have 5.7 which made it worse. Although they have toned it down after I installed the SC and took them BOTH to lunch in the RT. Something their camaros can't do.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Smack talk not only about cars but, take a look at the color, silver and black, you guessed it, a Raider fan! I'm a Niner fan. A lot of heated discussions 'bout football and our cars!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I actually like the Camaro but the problem for me is, its too cramped for a comfortable daily cruiser. I rented one a couple of years back and by the third day, I returned it back to the rental place and asked for a different car.

I like the looks and power of the new SS but just cant imagine trying to drive it all the time.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
I actually like the Camaro but the problem for me is, its too cramped for a comfortable daily cruiser. I rented one a couple of years back and by the third day, I returned it back to the rental place and asked for a different car.

I like the looks and power of the new SS but just cant imagine trying to drive it all the time.
Seen a number of Camaros on used lots at CDJR dealerships over the years...when the term "its like driving a coffin" turns up, you know that's not a good endorsement for a Camaro.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,847 Posts
Seen a number of Camaros on used lots at CDJR dealerships over the years...when the term "its like driving a coffin" turns up, you know that's not a good endorsement for a Camaro.
Isn't that what they use to say about the pontiac fiero?

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Isn't that what they use to say about the pontiac fiero?
I had a (new) '86 Fiero GT fastback when they came out. Actually a very roomy interior. While it was low to the ground, there was a technique to getting out of it.

One of my taller friends (6' 8") noted it was one of the few cars that had both headroom and could stretch his legs out.

Small and tight is the Mazda MX-5 (Miata)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts