Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the Magnum had polished wheels which IMO are nicer than the ones on the SE. They're also 17"x7" & 22mm offset.

I'm finding conflicting information regarding the Magnum bolt pattern though. I even found a comment stating that it changed sometime during it's model run.

Anyone know if it's 5-115 or 5-114.3?
Was it always the same?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I see that the Magnum had polished wheels which IMO are nicer than the ones on the SE. They're also 17"x7" & 22mm offset.

I'm finding conflicting information regarding the Magnum bolt pattern though. I even found a comment stating that it changed sometime during it's model run.

Anyone know if it's 5-115 or 5-114.3?
Was it always the same?

Thanks!
5-115 and not 5-114.3. Always the same.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Be careful. I've seen at least one wheel vendor out there (not here, I don't think) who is trying to sell 5x114.3 wheels as suitable for our cars.

Edit - That's a nice wheel! I don't think I've ever noticed it on the street.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'd just make sure that the rims are not from an AWD car. With the differing off-sets, I don't know if they'd fit RWD LX cars without the use of spacers.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd just make sure that the rims are not from an AWD car. With the differing off-sets, I don't know if they'd fit RWD LX cars without the use of spacers.
That's an excellent point! How can I tell if they're from an AWD or RWD vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
AWD LX cars will use wheels with ~45mm offset vs the ~20mm offset for the RWD cars.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fellas!

I appreciate all your help. I went to look at the wheels today & they're freakin' awesome. I'm picking them up tomorrow & I'll post pictures when they're mounted. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
those magnum rims will fit just fine. i used them last year for the winter. this year i am using the magnum 18" rims for the winter. the AWD wheels are 18" and look very different.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those magnum rims will fit just fine. i used them last year for the winter. this year i am using the magnum 18" rims for the winter. the AWD wheels are 18" and look very different.
I don't understand why Dodge didn't keep these for the SE instead of the plain jane wheels. :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
they just change the wheel design every couple of years. people want change. those '05-'07 rims are easy to get new and used.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they just change the wheel design every couple of years. people want change. those '05-'07 rims are easy to get new and used.
Yeah, I wish that I would've known when I bought my car that there's a $750 18" machined/polished wheel upgrade option.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, I had the new wheels installed this morning & I'm really stoked about the Matchbox hot rod look as opposed to the Urapeein look. :eek:hyeah:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts