Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, this website is not limited to just the Challenger, it will provide wiring diagrams for any Chrysler.

You can input your VIN or choose the year/make/model/etc., and it will provide you with a menu of all available wiring diagrams. Then you can drill down to see what wires goes where, what color(s) specific wires are, and so on and so forth.

I do not remember how I originally found this link (was it from here? can't remember), but I found it hidden in my Linux box's browser's bookmarks earlier, and I was amazed at how much info it offers. So I figured I would make note of it here so that others may benefit from it as well.

Chrysler Wiring Diagrams:
https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
That's apparently only good for 2010 years and newer.

Reactions: Trickrazor

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was unaware of that, thanks for pointing it out...that's really unfortunate for the 2009 and older folks, but their models are old enough now that they should have benefit of the Chilton and Haynes manuals by now, so maybe it's not all bad for them...meaning, even though they can't use that link, I would hope they would still be able to access the wiring diagrams for their cars if they could find the respective Haynes/Chilton manual in a local auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Thanks Nuke.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
That's apparently only good for 2010 years and newer.
Don't the newer model factory service manuals exclude wiring diagrams? I'm wondering if that's the reason this site only goes back to MY2010?

I recall when I owned my 2006 MSRT and 2006 Ram SRT, both of those SM's included all the wiring manuals. And at one time Mopar had a wiring and connector website up that included the older MY's. I knew that because I used it to research and find the wiring harness and connectors I needed when I was gathering parts for a Uconnect module and rear view dimming mirror install in my Ram.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow! Awesome site. Thank you very much for sharing. I'm am certain this will come in handy sometime.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
My 2009 Challenger Chrysler service manual includes the wiring diagrams.

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perfect, just what I needed - thanks Nuke!
Glad I could be of service...all i ask in return is a pledge to use the information for good and not evil!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nuke, couldn't have wired up my Raptor shift light on the 2014 without the C2 PCM coil #1 wire location. Great source of info, thanks much. It's too bad we can't get a printed wire diagram.

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nuke, couldn't have wired up my Raptor shift light on the 2014 without the C2 PCM coil #1 wire location. Great source of info, thanks much. It's too bad we can't get a printed wire diagram.
Yeah, it is a bit of a pain that the built-in print functionality is disabled, but if your computer is running Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8/8.x, you can still get a usable print-out of the desired wiring diagram by using the Snipping Tool that comes with those operating systems.

Once you've got the target wiring diagram displayed in your internet browser, open up the Snipping Tool and use it to capture a screen shot of the visible diagram.

Then save that screen shot off (it should default to a *.jpg picture file), and you can then open that picture in the photo software of your choice (or even in an internet browser) and use that software's print functionality to print the pic.

If you're running Windows XP, Mac, or some flavor of Linux, you can still follow the same procedure to get a print-out, but you'll have to use whatever software is available in that respective operating system to capture and save the screen shot picture file.

It's a kludgy work-around, sure, but the way I see it, it's the computer version of a duct tape & bailing wire fix. And who among us doesn't revel in fixing a problem with a little duct tape and bailing wire?!?

Nuke

Reactions: JoeyA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is this site only for dealers now...and if so, is there another site I can go to too find the diagram?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this site only for dealers now...and if so, is there another site I can go to too find the diagram?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It was always membership only access, but we just a way to access it that wasn’t screened for membership credentials I think, but it looks like the backdoor or sidedoor or whatever that existed on that site that allowed unpaid access has finally been closed off. Disappointing but not surprising...

I don’t know if any others like that currently, but you might look around on other LX-specific sites like ChargerForums, 300c and LXForums, someone might have found a similar setup and shared for the members.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,201 Posts
Check EBAY. There are alot of FSM CD's for sale for around $30.
I bought one that was $19, but I thought one member had an issue with a pre-2015 version which did not have all the info. The one I bought seemed to have everything plus wiring diagrams but not as nice as the chilton ones.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,248 Posts
I bought one that was $19, but I thought one member had an issue with a pre-2015 version which did not have all the info. The one I bought seemed to have everything plus wiring diagrams but not as nice as the chilton ones.
I am only familiar with the 2015+. It's not perfect, but for $30 vs $400+, it's acceptable.

It repeats a lot, some stuff is missing and there is no index. You also cannot use the search function for a word since the documents are images. But it has the info you need.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,201 Posts
I am only familiar with the 2015+. It's not perfect, but for $30 vs $400+, it's acceptable.

It repeats a lot, some stuff is missing and there is no index. You also cannot use the search function for a word since the documents are images. But it has the info you need.
The one I bought for 2015-2016 ($19) has a table of contents where the sections are not selectable but I can use a word search as the manual is not images. I also have the FSM from techauthority and it did not cost $400 back in 2016 when I purchased it (I think I paid like $125 or maybe $150). For some reason I can't find it now on techauthority's site. Although now they have a USB service manual and wiring manual.

USB service manual $119.95

USB wiring manual $95.95

Now for $30 you can buy a 1 year subscription ($50 for 5 years) to alldatadiy and it has pretty much everything...TSBs, Recalls, wiring diagrams ect. You can print sections as PDFs but it's a lot of work. I took screenshots of diagrams I needed but other than that I used the FSM. I used the alldata site before a forum member provided the Chilton Online manual link. At the time that was the only other way to get wiring diagrams besides alldata.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts