Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 2012 Challenger for 3 years and a Pro Charger on it for two years. Last year I had no problem passing my Challenger through smog inspection. Now this year, the DMV is giving me trouble. They are saying the Pro Charger isn't carb legal. I live in Nevada and don't understand what California emissions have to do with Nevada and why all of a sudden I'm having a problem this year? I was wondering if anyone is more familiar with the law and tell if if I'm getting the runaround or not?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have had a 2012 challenger for 3 years and a pro charger on it for two years. Last year i have no problem passing my challenger through smog. Now this year the DMV is giving me trouble. They are saying the pro charger isn't carb legal. I live in Nevada and don't understand what California emissions has to do with Nevada and why all of a sudden Im having a problem this year? I was wondering if anyone is more familiar with the law and tell if if I'm getting the runaround or not.
Does Nevada use California emissions standards? Some states do. Take it off, get it smogged, put it back.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Since when do they smog cars in Nevada??

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have had a 2012 challenger for 3 years and a pro charger on it for two years. Last year i have no problem passing my challenger through smog. Now this year the DMV is giving me trouble. They are saying the pro charger isn't carb legal. I live in Nevada and don't understand what California emissions has to do with Nevada and why all of a sudden Im having a problem this year? I was wondering if anyone is more familiar with the law and tell if if I'm getting the runaround or not.
Did they print a rejection sheet for you? I'd probably take it to another smog place that will just plug in OBDII can run that. I've used the Smogbusters chain the whole time I've been here, and they have never said anything about my mods (although I have no supercharger).

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
At least since 2004 when I moved here.
Wow, with all those wide open spaces and few people in the state except for Vegas and Reno area I didn't think they had a smog program.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,987 Posts
Haven't been to the Reno area much/that often but in Las Vegas the air there can be quite bad. The two areas have climate and topology that often results in air pollutants getting "trapped" rather than dispersed.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
Reno and Las Vegas both sit in valleys - they get winter inversion and summer inversion.

In the summer months it can get quite smoggy - and those two areas are the most populous and the attendance air quality issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts