Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to drive my Challenger to LA today and noticed that it wasn't responding at all to the fobik key presses, had to manually unlock it. Went in and turned the ignition, nothing. Dead. The car is a 2010 SE, with only 3k miles that gets driven once a week, absolutely babied. After I tried the ignition a few more times, the fobik key actually got stuck and won't remove :scratchhead:

Any ideas? Car is just sitting there and it really sucks. I have had so many problems with this car (finish issues, paint flaws, faulty fob keys, stress cracking windshield), gotta say it's the coolest car I have ever owned but has been a crappy experience owning it so far.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Open the hood and put a battery charger on the positive and negative attach points on the passenger side of the car. open the truck and charge the battery, look for a loose cable clamp on the battery post

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Sounds like you just got a defective battery, or maybe accidentally left the trunk popped? I've also heard of those dual KICKER STAGE III subs draining the battery within 1-2 days...if nothing was on\open to drain it, then prob just the battery which they'll replace no prob.

·
Registered
504 Posts
what is the purpose of the key getting locked in the ignition when the car has a dead battery?? i have heard this happen every time someone tries to start a challenger with a dead battery..:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
my key got stuck once. i just yanked it out

·
Registered
102 Posts
Key 'trapped' in WIN problem

what is the purpose of the key getting locked in the ignition when the car has a dead battery?? i have heard this happen every time someone tries to start a challenger with a dead battery..:scratchhead:

BH;

This will answer your FOBIK trapped in WIN situation;

Top 160+ Challenger Tips'n Tricks #126 FOBIK "TRAPPED" IN WIN (Wireless Ignition Node)

Forcing it out is a bad idea.... (can damage WIN)

:smokin:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OP here with an update.

Car got repaired today, it was towed (courtesy of Chrysler) to the dealership. My service guy said it was a faulty wireless node, and they had to fix it/replace it. He told me it wasn't the battery at all, but that the wires for the node inside had fried :indifferent:

3K miles and this car has already been in the shop 4 times for different issues (2 mechanical, 2 finish related). What's it going to be like when the warranty is up...? :disgust:

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
OP here with an update.

Car got repaired today, it was towed (courtesy of Chrysler) to the dealership. My service guy said it was a faulty wireless node, and they had to fix it/replace it. He told me it wasn't the battery at all, but that the wires for the node inside had fried :indifferent:

3K miles and this car has already been in the shop 4 times for different issues (2 mechanical, 2 finish related). What's it going to be like when the warranty is up...? :disgust:
I am having the same doubts, I have been in over 5 times in 1 year. Right now its in for a broken transmission.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts