Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the proclaimed one has changed his signature and apparently has quietly resigned as "Challengerfest Ringleader" and per his signature no longer cares who is the new "ringleader" and is there still going to be a Challengerfest?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Rubbel this is your chance to step up and take over.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Wisconsin is extremely far from being even close to a central location.

LX nationals would not be a good idea IMO, its the LX nationals. I think everyone should go to the LX nationals, but you cant just name it something else for your own group. If there is going to be a Chally Fest, it needs to be its own dedicated event.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts

LX nationals would not be a good idea IMO, its the LX nationals. I think everyone should go to the LX nationals, but you cant just name it something else for your own group. If there is going to be a Chally Fest, it needs to be its own dedicated event.
i'l will not be attenting any Chally events.
CHALLENGERfest sure, I'll be there

·
Banned
664 Posts

X2 completely agree. Minus the chally part.LOL

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
If this is you guys first event, youre going to probably have to find a track willing to work with you. You also need to be smart for your location choice. Sadly this late in the year youre probably going to have a hard time finding a decent track that has any opening for an event and even then it would be a financial risk for a first time event.

What we did when we had the TurboBuick.Com is go to a local track and basically let them call the shots. They collected money, we had a breakeven point at which once that many cars passed through the gate we didnt have to pay anything.

Your better off to stay in the middle of the country-ish and make it semi convenient for everyone. We held our event at Piedmont Dragway in Greensboro, NC and it was an okay event even if it was 1/8th mile.

Bristol, Beech Bend, Zmax, etc are all going to be REALLY expensive. For a first time event, thats going to be hard to swing.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
If this is you guys first event, youre going to probably have to find a track willing to work with you. You also need to be smart for your location choice. Sadly this late in the year youre probably going to have a hard time finding a decent track that has any opening for an event and even then it would be a financial risk for a first time event.

What we did when we had the TurboBuick.Com is go to a local track and basically let them call the shots. They collected money, we had a breakeven point at which once that many cars passed through the gate we didnt have to pay anything.

Your better off to stay in the middle of the country-ish and make it semi convenient for everyone. We held our event at Piedmont Dragway in Greensboro, NC and it was an okay event even if it was 1/8th mile.

Bristol, Beech Bend, Zmax, etc are all going to be REALLY expensive. For a first time event, thats going to be hard to swing.
This will actually be our 2nd event. The first was last August at Beech Bend. We had about 30 folks show up even though the weather was questionable. I think if the weather had held out we'd have had 80 or more.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts