Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WilliamsRT, myself, LuvMyRT, BigBear, and HemiWomain all appreciate the positive feed back we've gotten on CF2. However, I would like to know what could have been done differently to make the event better for whomever runs the show next year.

I wanna ask this while the event is fresh on everyone's mind so that whoever runs the event next year has some idea of what you guys liked or didn't like and can try to make changes where necessary.

Did you like the classes for the car show and feel they were appropriate?

Did you think there was enough time given for various things like TNT or Racing, or the Awards dinner?

Should there have been more racing? Less racing? More TNT time?

How did you like the track in general? The track staff? The vendor displays and locations?

Enough awards? How'd you like the trophys?

How was the food?

So just think of anything and let us know so folks can reference this thread next year.

One piece of feedback I've already received is to make spectators free. I think that's a good idea to get more foot traffic around the on site vendors, so that is one suggestion I'll make to the folks who run the show next time.

Ok so let's hear it!

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
The main thing that I noticed was we couldn't hear anything that was said. I don't know if there's a place with a room that we could use. I don't know if thay would have helped or not. I don't see how to do it but it would be great if there was more meet and greet time. With all the people there I didn't get to see them all. The car show classes were kinda vauge and might be better explained. Most of us were leaveing Sunday morning and we didn't have any time Sat. night. The biggest problem is you say your not heading up next years event.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Speedy, you need to run the show next year. I'll help out any way I can.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
1. I agree Speedy should be in charge next year.
2. I should pass on, that my kids saw the water park, and roller coasters at the amusment park adjacent to the track, and wanted to play there while we raced, but the park doesn't open till May 1st. They want the whole shindig moved up 2 days so the park will be open next year. Sheesh.. kids. It woudl help amuse the rest of the family who aren't interested in racing.

I thought that track day was run phenomenally. I hot lapped (4 at a time) several times. I think it was a little hard on the car having two drivers, both wanting to hot lap it, but it held up fine. I got in at least 10-15 runs as did my pastor friend Mike, and could have run more, but wanted to let the car and truck cool down from time to time.

We were a little disappointed that we couldn't keep on running after 5pm. Doesn't really matter though, they prepped the track until 7pm. You guys should have stayed to watch the racing after that, you really missed out on nitrometh bikes, alcohol cars, dragsters running in the 7 seconds... it was awesome.

Oh yea, maybe a trophy for the quickest ET in an RV?!

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Speedy! for president!

I know some might have preferred more head to head racing, but I thought most of us were there to have fun and make as many passes as possible. I think there was plenty of track time available for anyone to do any heads up/grudge matches they wanted.

Rick, great comments, but I don't know if I could survive any more M&G time (and I know I'm not the only one!)

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Sorry I might have wrote without saying what I ment. I was talking about at the awards part. That's why I said if there was a place with a seperate room that the noise from the rest of the place made it so we couldn't hear most of what was said. I could hear fine at the track.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I might have wrote without saying what I ment. I was talking about at the awards part. That's why I said if there was a place with a seperate room that the noise from the rest of the place made it so we couldn't hear most of what was said. I could hear fine at the track.
Haha, got it. Good suggestion. I yelled as loud as I could and agree it was a bit noisy. The problem is finding a place to hold 100+ folks that has good food and dranks!

I'll pass that on to whoever does it next year...maybe a convention room at the hotel or something and see if the hotel can do dinner for the attendees and not rape on pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
That's why I said it might not be able to be done and I was no way saying you did anything wrong. I would think it would cost a fortune to hold it at the hotel and don't know about food places there but some around here have rooms that can be shut off for parties.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's why I said it might not be able to be done and I was no way saying you did anything wrong. I would think it would cost a fortune to hold it at the hotel and don't know about food places there but some around here have rooms that can be shut off for parties.
Yep, good suggestion man...no worries I want to hear what needs to be done different. It'll help every event get better. No one's gonna hurt my feelings here this is to help everybody.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Jay, you did a great job man! Perfect location, perfect people, perfect weather, and perfect scheduling. I had a blast along with everyone else, I can't really think of how to improve it besides making it a week long event :D lol

I can't wait for CF3! I know you mentioned how stressful it was to put on, but I hope you atleast have a hand in the making of the next one!

BTW-those throphys were awesome, too bad I didn't win one lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
Everything was great, only complaints were the track kicking us out early. A megaphone for announcements outside... Uuumm, and if the next CF is the same weekend as a UFC event, do the award dinner at a restaurant that has pay-per-view!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
everything was awesome, the t-shirts, the Hotel grounds staff and facility, the track was excellent layout, amount of room there was perfect for drivers spectators vendors and prep of strip and concessions all grade A. The weekend went pretty fast, there was a lot todo with a hundred characters to meet and a great group it was, a day of track scene-really awesome time there, all seems like a blur now but good quality time. How bout that weather eh? I believe CF2 will be the standard for awhile. I could never pull it off in my town so smoothly, Bowling Green salute! Appreciate all the work that went into it Muchos Gracias fellas and fellaritas

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I think we should all find a way to move to or near Bowling Green, the town has everything a car nut would ever need. Once we are in place, we would make Speedy the town mayor and jpw2133 police chief. There are several who could take turns playing the town wino. :guiness:

Jack

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think we should all find a way to move to or near Bowling Green, the town has everything a car nut would ever need. Once we are in place, we would make Speedy the town mayor and jpw2133 police chief. There are several who could take turns playing the town wino. :guiness:

Jack
Bwaahahaha, that was funny.

7,359 Posts
Sounds like this event is rolling onto its 3rd annual!!

LMAO..... Justin You are man ,you are!:guiness:

The Purple Bastard !:guiness::guiness:

Cant wait till next year I hope Don Johnson has his Hair Dryer hooked up under the hood :p
Get Con Air as a sponsor for Allen!
Allen,your a trip man,you hard core nutrod!!!

I wanna be first in line for town wino.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm guessing unless you are a professional event organizer with a ton of cash you aren't going to make it much better that what Prez Speedy and his Cabinet made it. I had a blast.

2 notes; a megaphone, bullhorn or Mr. Microphone for Speedy cause every captain, coach or elected official ought to have one and dash cards with screen name and real name ie..ICON brought to you by Thomas & Kelly. Something like that anyway.

7,359 Posts
Good lord how bout a whistle .....

Bullhorn is hilarious get one with like 500 sounds and songs on it..This event was some serious fun wasnt it!! So was the last one how can you not have fun with fellow Mopar whack jobs!

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Dash cards are good. I was thinking that they might influence the judging as online personalities might come into play, but I think most folks start to know whose car is whose, especially after a couple events.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts