Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yet again I get a nod and a "nice car" from the driver next to me today.
It still stuns me that five years later a base model Dodge still garners regular attention like that...I mean it's not a Viper for crying out loud.
Despite it's imperfections, flaws etc the challenger is one car that has PRESENCE in a sea of uninspired styling.
Even when parked next to it's contemporaries the crowd always gravitates to the challenger...it simply COMMANDS attention

Thank you again Dodge for the challenger :woot:

·
Registered
610 Posts
i get nods and woaw amazing car.. from ferrari's, lambos, jaguars and lately a lot of camaros and stangs .. :O

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
Why are you stunned, it's NICER than a Viper, lol.

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
47 Posts
i washed and waxed my 4 yr old challenger yesterday . While parked near a shopping center a car pulled up to mine - i gave him the " i'm not leaving wave " because i thought he wanted my spot . He gave me the roll down your window gesture and than told me what a beautiful car i have !

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I love the Challenger because it retains it's unique identity. I hate it when an auto maker decides to make 3 sizes of the same look (BMW, Infiniti for example). I was tempted to look at the 2015 Mustang, but the more I see of it, it looks like a cross between a Fusion and Honda Accord Coupe. No thanks...

The 2015 Charger - I hope it doesn't look like a giant Dart, but I think it will.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've been out of my Corvette Z06 for 2 weeks and can't believe the attention this car gets. I park in the midst of my friends' Corvettes at cruise nites and get more looks than my beautiful Z used to get. To top it off, it's a blast to drive!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Consistently when I an toodling along on the highway someone will be hauling ass in the left lane, which happens a lot here on the autobahn. They come flying up on me only to slowly pass me over the course of 5-10 seconds. This car has serious presence on the highway.

Conversely, if I am the one hauling ass, I have no problem with people moving out of the way. The view of our cars from someone's rear view mirror screams 'get out of the way!'

Damn I love driving this car on the autobahn! :-D

Reactions: Bafflingbs

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a Shelby GT500 slow down on I80 last week and he kept on saying nice car and started to take pics of my challenger was a pretty fun feeling :)

Fun side note- I was in the left lane he was in center then all of a sudden a camaro came up on the right lane ... Pretty funny all the new muscle rolling 3 wide haha

·
Registered
341 Posts
Consistently when I an toodling along on the highway someone will be hauling ass in the left lane, which happens a lot here on the autobahn.
Damn I love driving this car on the autobahn! :-D
I've driven both the Autobahn and the Autostrada and I can echo your pleasure! Sure wish it was this car when I did them tho'!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I got the nod from a Viper driver yesterday. Of course, I reciprocated.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've been out of my Corvette Z06 for 2 weeks and can't believe the attention this car gets. I park in the midst of my friends' Corvettes at cruise nites and get more looks than my beautiful Z used to get. To top it off, it's a blast to drive!
Same, my Challenger get more attention than my Vette convertible. Stopped for a beer with a buddy and some guys was taking pictures of my B5 09 in the lot.

·
Registered
627 Posts
They really are the baddest cars on the road and there isn't gonna be a car to be able compete with it for awhile, if ever.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Corvette is my dream car and they do get attention by other car guys but a challenger get a attention from every one and there mothers

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why are you stunned, it's NICER than a Viper, lol.
as awesome as the Challenger is I bet if you lined up five Challengers and a Viper I would make book that the crowd would gravitate to the Viper...me included

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
Indeed, it is amazing how the attention these get doesn't seem to wane.

A few days ago I was leaving CVS and there was a car stopped behind mine, the woman yelled out "I just took a picture of your car, my grandson is going to LOVE it!"

Then on Sunday I'm walking back to my car after having some lunch, there are a few people in front of me walking back to their car as well (Apparently in a neighboring lot) and I hear one of them say "I really like the green on THAT car, isn't that cool?" to which I respond "I like it, too." as I walk over to my door. They laughed and she said she wants a Ford Fiesta in green.

What's also amazing is how many people feel the need to beat their vehicular chest as they pass by, usually by revving as they're going the opposite direction or doing fly-bys. Reminds me of the little black birds that dive bomb hawks. ;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Every summer in my town, the vintage muscle cars come out to play.
Original and restored Challengers, Chargers, GTO's, Camaros, etc. Not sure where all these guys are hiding these bad boys but this is the best time of the year to me.
Every time I pull up next to one at a light or am passing one in the other lane, they give me a thumbs up and I return the favor. As a younger guy, it's always an awesome feeling to kinda feel like you're in the older guys cool club.
If one of my buddies or my girlfriend are riding with me, they always go, "Do you know that guy?", and I say, "Nope, but it's like the Jeep thing, except way cooler." Hah!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
They are. This is the 7th year in production and it still looks fresh and beautiful. Three weeks ago I got a nod from a guy at a gas station.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts