Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My brother Stan was diagnosed with lung cancer last year. Three months after his doctors told him of his condition, his wife Nancy, of 43 years, (high school sweethearts) was also diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4. Tragically, she passed away in April. There are no words to describe the grief he is experiencing for his loss and for his battle with cancer. I am so sad for my brother. Especially now with social distancing and all the crazy stuff that we all are experiencing at this time. It is very difficult for him to have any social experience because he is high risk. I live in New Jersey where we grew up and sadly cannot be with him.

He just purchased a beautiful 2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 6.4L, 392 hp to make him feel happy.

Is anyone interested near Rio Rancho, New Mexico in forming a Challenger convoy/rally to pass by his house to support him in his battle? This would be amazing for him! I wish I could be with him..do something wonderful for him.

Thank you, everyone for reading my brother Stan's story.

God Bless all and be safe!

Warm regards,

Wendy Eugenia Dubiel
thumbnail (1).jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Wendy ;) Sorry to hear about Stan's illness and tragedy. All my best to him, good luck

A Guy

Reactions: Wendy1105

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Beautiful part of our Country. Check out the Corvair next door! Get on a Southwest Jet, fly out and take a romp with your brother through that sweet Countryside.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Wendy,

This is such as sad story. Hopefully someone here can make your wish come true.

·
Registered
405 Posts
He just purchased a beautiful 2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 6.4L, 392 hp to make him feel happy.
Awesome !
Prayers sent up for 'Stan' and for his wife 'Nancy' to God of Most High ! May it be 'His will', be done, and cancer removed completely from their bodies so that Challenger will be enjoyed for years to come. In Jesus name, Amen.

best,
parrott

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
2,250 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sad to here of your brothers condition and his wife's passing. I wish him luck and hope and pray he can beat this. It is a real shame you two live so far apart at this time.

·
Premium Member
10,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum, what a great idea you have come up with! We hope people will rally together in that area, tell your brother to sign up on the forum, it is a great community of friends who share a love for Challengers.

We are sorry for what your family has gone through and best wishes to your brother.

- Alexis

·
Registered
105 Posts
So sorry for your lose, I ordered my 2019 Widebody Challenger Scat Pack last May, the end of June I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma Cancer I was going to let the car go and loose the deposit but my wife (bless her ) told me we are going to keep the car and I am so glad she did, it was a very tough 8 months with cemo and a stem cell transplant but with great doctors and prayers I am cancer free and have put on 10000 mile on my Scat Pack,
IMG_0392 (2).JPG

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sad story but if the car could bring him smiling, that's good. I thing it's important for him to be in high spirits and to keep fighting the cancer.

Keep hope !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited by Moderator)
So sorry for your lose, I ordered my 2019 Widebody Challenger Scat Pack last May, the end of June I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma Cancer I was going to let the car go and loose the deposit but my wife (bless her ) told me we are going to keep the car and I am so glad she did, it was a very tough 8 months with cemo and a stem cell transplant but with great doctors and prayers I am cancer free and have put on 10000 mile on my Scat Pack, View attachment 1000052
God Bless you and many prayers for you!!

Wendy,

This is such as sad story. Hopefully someone here can make your wish come true.
Thank you! There is a drive by planned for this Saturday in Rio Rancho NM for him with the NM Challenger Car Club and MOPAR. Great people doing good for Stan. He will be so surprised because they are going to ask him to drive with them as they exit!! Blessings to all!!
Wendy

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
EricG lives in that area and is plugged in to the Mopar network there I believe. Perhaps he'll see this or the mods can let him know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello everyone!
Thank you so much for your well wishes for Stan. Here are 2 photos of the driveby convoy this passed Saturday night in Rio Rancho New Mexico! He was so surprised and THRILLED to cruise with over 30 cars! The second photo is him in the cruise! Thanks to the New Mexico Challenger Car Club (NMC3), Mopar Muscle Club, Precizion Mopars, Mopars Most Wanted, the Military vehicles and all other drivers who made Stan a Happy Man!:):cool:

·
Premium Member
9,563 Posts
An OUTSTANDING job by all those who took part in this, so nice to know you made him smile both inside and on his face.
I’m sure we will see many other pictures posted by participants and observers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited by Moderator)
An OUTSTANDING job by all those who took part in this, so nice to know you made him smile both inside and on his face.
I’m sure we will see many other pictures posted by participants and observers.
Yes Yellow Jacket! Their willingness to do this was amazing! Sadly, I had to experience it remotely from New Jersey. But I still felt the good vibes from everyone! Stan has since joined one of the clubs and is STOKED to ride again to benefit someone else! Thumbs up New Mexico Mopar Bro-s and Sistas!

So sorry for your lose, I ordered my 2019 Widebody Challenger Scat Pack last May, the end of June I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma Cancer I was going to let the car go and loose the deposit but my wife (bless her ) told me we are going to keep the car and I am so glad she did, it was a very tough 8 months with cemo and a stem cell transplant but with great doctors and prayers I am cancer free and have put on 10000 mile on my Scat Pack, View attachment 1000052
Good for You Scatey 5656...!!! Amazing! God bless the doctors and nurses and all who gave you excellent care. But mostly to your beautiful wife who was a key part to you owning that beautiful car! May you put many many more miles on your Challenger!!! Be well friend!

·
Premium Member
9,563 Posts
I too am in New Jersey, I wish I was out in New Mexico. I’ll wish your brother and you many great days ahead!

Clint

1 - 17 of 17 Posts