Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Way its laid out to me is I will have 1/4 mi track time and road course to beat it up on. Then it sounds like I get to take it for a cruz to town and just drive. So I will. I really will.
FT
PIR has a road course and a 1/4 mile strip. Woodburn does not. Is it PIR? Is it ORP? Flat Top, will members of the forum be able to watch?

Also, Beaches Cruise-in is on July 23rd at PIR! There is regularly 1000+ cars that attend. The Hellcat will draw crowds if it is there!

·
Registered
815 Posts
This is a great step for the forum, congrats to all that made this happen, all the hard word day in & day out has paid off.

Any chance of capturing this event & challenger talk having it own YouTube channel?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
409 Posts
FlatTop,

I would love to know whether there will be additional wheel style/color options available on the Hellcat? If not for MY2015, what about MY2016? I know that Dodge might not be willing to disclose this info, but it would be nice to know. Seems there are many of us on here that aren't the biggest fans of either black or brass monkey.

Thanks! And congrats on this opportunity!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not a question as much as a suggestion: tell the SRT guys they need to add a line lock feature to the Hellcat. AFAIK this doesn't require any hardware mods (it uses the ABS's existing capabilities) so it's just a software tweak.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
You lucky SOB, do us proud. Ask about the durability of the drivetrain. Ask about the rumors of the clutch failures and will that be covered under warranty?

Do they know how much boost the stock engine can take?
Did they take the engine to failure, if so, what was the boost level?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Congrats Gene and know your fun begins! Enjoy the ride and have some fun your the best man for the job looking forward to seeing you confirm those strip numbers! CT FTMFW

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thank you for taking our questions right to the source for answers. My questions are:

Will the RA3 and RA4 radios allow you to store music internally like you can with the 730N (and RER I had on my '09 R/T)? There used to be an internal 40 gig hard drive with 20 gig available for user music. What are our options now?

I read someplace that the RA3 and RA4 Sirius satellite radios will not receive several stations regardless of the level of service you subscribe to. Specifically, will the radio receive Howard 100 and Howard 101?

Please let us know what level of radio and speaker packages you get to listen to and how they sound.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Congrats Flat Top!! I know you will put the 2015 Challenger line-up through their paces.

Questions:

1. Exactly what cars was the Hellcat bench marked against?
2. Where is the first place I can start to remove weight from the Hellcat? And how much do you think can be removed safely while still being street legal?
3. Can you elaborate the differences between the LC and LA platforms? What exactly changed?
4. Does Dodge/SRT plan on running the Hellcat on the Nurburgring?
5. What is the max down force the Hellcat produces?
6. Are the red seat belts available on the Hellcat?
7. Would love to see the shift lights in action!
8. Will the owners be able to tune the 2015 Challenger line-up right out of the gate?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Congrats Gene! :woot: Talk about an opportunity of a lifetime! :eek:hyeah:

We're all looking forward to the two stories that you will share with us upon your return, the experience of your trip and every ounce of intel that you can uncover on the Hellcat. Don't leave anything out! :lol:

Excellent idea about putting all of our member's questions in Post #7. That makes for an easy reference.

If you need some help with that, let me know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congrats to FT.

Couldn't think of a better person for the job.

Will you have access to a drag strip with the HC?

I'm hoping fob functions can be changed on the fly?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
if your under a 15 you I could not tell the difference between 8-14

suspension looks identical to the last model from what I saw

rear 1/4 panel wheelwell lips have been folded over ( hemmed) to eliminate the tire rubbing on the body

as for exhaust they are not cutouts but 2 electrical motors ( one for each side exhaust pipe ) that open & close a flap in the exhaust pipe that are controlled by the cars computer that allow the exhaust to flow and sound louder

3. How does the undercarriage visually differ from our beloved 2009-2014? Is it smooth(er)? Undercarriage defuser?
4. What does the suspension look like is it completely redesigned from the 2014? Does it share the same dimensions? wheel base? width?
5. Measure the rear wheel wells - what is the fattest tire it will take without rolling the fenders?
Thats a good point. One I need to see these valves or cutouts myself. I like the concept of cutouts its
just so many fall apart. I hate stuff falling apart.
I had cutouts once. Best I ever had were made by Silent Choice. Pnumatic closer. didnt leak ever and worked flawlessly. Should for $ 2,200.00 bucks. They were an option on my boat I had to have.

So let see what they put on the Cat

FlatTop
Cut-outs are illegal in Texas. I seriously doubt Dodge would sell them here.

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Cool beans Gene, and well deserved :)

Rip um up!

·
Registered
197 Posts

As the premiere Dodge Challenger specific resource website, the administrative team of ChallengerTalk.com is extremely excited to announce that Chrysler has extended an exclusive invitation to one of our own to test the whole 2015 Dodge Challenger lineup INCLUDING the SRT Hellcat! We are honoured Chrysler has chosen us to be amongst the first to test and judge the 2015 Challengers.

We believe we have chosen the right man for the job to represent ChallengerTalk and who will be able to give an objective opinion of all aspects including performance, handling and braking. Congratulations to Flat Top who will soon be departing on an all expense paid trip to Oregon for the July 22 to 24, 2014 experience of a lifetime. We all envy you Gene! In Gene's own words, "I will be taking cameras Go Pros, laptop, pad, all the guns". I think he may be packed already.

We invite all members to ask any questions they have in this thread, especially on the Hellcat. On hand will be executives from the Dodge and SRT brands, Design, Engineering and Powertrain to answer any questions and Gene has promised he will do his best to pick their brains and gather as much information as is permitted.

Bernie
America The greatest country on the planet has produced the greatest muscle car on the planet. Great job! You have made the MOPAR community very proud…..Just one thing Gene Tell them to keep the price under 65K At 65K thay will sell a ton of Hellcats. :blueblob:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Congrats Gene!!
I am happy for you and hope you have a safe and awesome trip. Please try to keep us posted as you can with all the details. As many as you can.
Have fun man! :beer_yum:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
if your under a 15 you I could not tell the difference between 8-14

suspension looks identical to the last model from what I saw

rear 1/4 panel wheelwell lips have been folded over ( hemmed) to eliminate the tire rubbing on the body

as for exhaust they are not cutouts but 2 electrical motors ( one for each side exhaust pipe ) that open & close a flap in the exhaust pipe that are controlled by the cars computer that allow the exhaust to flow and sound louder
Great insight. You wouldn't by any chance know the fuse number, to pull, that keeps those flaps open?

41 - 60 of 451 Posts