Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mopar police package steelies with some cheap winterforces on them. The stock Goodyear F1 Supercar tires were not cutting it in the snow.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Looks great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
They look good Tensix.

How do you like the Winterforce tires in the snow? Today was my first day with snow on the road so I tested them at the stop sign at the end of my street, and they stopped me so fast, the things on my passenger seat flew onto the floor.:icon_lol:

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
I have the Firestone Winterforce tires. They are excellent in the snow. I got all four studded since I work on top of a "mountain" which is a mile at 9% grade. I worry about coming down the hill in icy conditions. (they are not noisy at all :liar: )

Last winter I drove through more than 8 inches of unplowed snow until I could get to the main road (which was plowed) and didn't slip at all.

One thing I do when there is significant snow on the road is to put a Tupperware type container in the trunk with two, 50 pound bags of sand inside for some extra weight. When the road clears, I take the container out.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
great timing brother the way the snows been flying :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
snow radials

Im lucky that the rt goes for a winter nap till april... so on the safari daily beater, work truck goes on the firestone winterforce tires.. mount them on the old steel gm rims and the all seasons on the alloys ..incredible tires in the snow,driven the truck many times into snowbelt ontario where it just dumps{collingwood,Barrie}to go
snowboarding for the day no problem..for weight if you have the space in your van or car1or 2 sq patio stones:thumbsup:
Val Im pretty sure snow radials will become law in Ontario like quebec in the near future,I might be corrected that it is already law,if so its a good one IMO:bigthumb:tensix the car looks great you should have no problem getting around town in the white stuff

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Where did you get the wheels? What size tires are you using with those wheels? Ive been trying to find some. They look good!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I had a buddy that works at a dodge dealer get them for me. The tires are 225/60R18.
Oh ok thanks! I have had no luck up here finding tires so will have to get some ordered and will probably go with the stock 20 size and have them mounted on my stock wheels. That was I can switch them out in the spring/summer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh ok thanks! I have had no luck up here finding tires so will have to get some ordered and will probably go with the stock 20 size and have them mounted on my stock wheels. That was I can switch them out in the spring/summer.:thumbsup:
Dino,

I just got a set of take off Charger wheels for my Chally for 200 shipped on ebay. There are alot of good deals out there if you look under charger. The challenger wheels are a little pricey for a wheel that will be on the car for 3 months. Total for wheels and tires mounted and balanced I paid 600. Thats what people are selling the police wheels for alone! Good luck and drive safe!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Mopar police package steelies with some cheap winterforces on them.
Timely post :thumbsup: It's good to see others going with the Winterforce.
I just ordered a set of Winterforce tires for the wife's 300c, should be in by the end of the week...
225-60-18 for around $465 installed at Sears.

Having them put on the original rims... next summer I want to get either 300 SRT or Heritage wheels & tires to put on it.
It's a shame to take off the original (still looking new) tires... Continental Contiseal(M+S = BS), but they can't be driven in snow
While good on dry or wet roads, they are GD deadly on snow... they should have NEVER been sold as OEM in Northern states.

The Challenger is already in the Garage, and is going to stay there until the last Salt Chrystal is lone gone.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Dino,

I just got a set of take off Charger wheels for my Chally for 200 shipped on ebay. There are alot of good deals out there if you look under charger. The challenger wheels are a little pricey for a wheel that will be on the car for 3 months. Total for wheels and tires mounted and balanced I paid 600. Thats what people are selling the police wheels for alone! Good luck and drive safe!
I started to look for wheels on EBay but I just don't have a lot of time on my hands right now. I have the stock wheels that I can use to mount winter tires on but I was trying to see what was the cheapest route...go with new set of wheels/tires or use my stock wheels and just get tires. My problem is finding tires to fit the stock wheels only one I seem to find are the Blizzack LM-60 but man they are pricey. Sounds like you got a good deal so I may have to look into those Charger wheels more when I get the time. Thanks for your input!

Dean

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
haha yeah i just put on those winterforce tires on my r/t classic as well. oh yeah...... they're not noisey at all.... haha... just glad my flowmasters are loud enough to drown out most of the road noise.

hate to say this but i miss my RSA's and hertiage wheels already.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts