Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger R/T
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 4 weeks ago at the track after I did a burnout and a few passes. While getting up to the line the Change Oil warning came on when the car had 3,000 miles on it. Naturally the next day I did change the oil. Now the car has 4,333 miles on it and after a burnout the warning came on again, only after a few seconds did it go away and didn't show up afterwards. Seems to only happen after a burnout. Should I be worried or are these senors just off enough that i should just ignore it and just change oil ever 3,000 miles

·
Banned
368 Posts
Mine came one after about 2300 miles. My wife's Aspen does it around 2700. I have heard that Chrysler does not have a sensor that checks the oil, rather an algorythm that basically counts RPM's (more to it than that, but you get the idea). I use Mobil 1 and will go around 5.5 to 6k (manual says 6), I just reset it and go. Anyone else?

·
Banned
368 Posts
I could change the service interval on my Commander, not now with this algorythm based crap.

·
Registered
574 Posts
SRT uses synthetic oil and I drive only summer, highway, vacation miles. My light comes on about 6k but I only change once a year--about 12k and send an oil sample in for analysis. Analysis shows the oil is still OK, so even if Chrysler tries to claim I caused a problem with not changing oil, I have the proof that I did not. The analysis costs much less than the extra oil change would and I don't have to deal with oil change damage monkeys in the middle of vacation.

If I'm home at 6k miles, I'll change filter only. Even that's not necessary using a Mobil 1 or AmsOil EO filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts