Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 RT auto. Can we install lower ratio gears in the rear (replace the 3.06 with something around 3.50 or 3.75)? This is a real big mod for Mustangs, just wondering if it's an option for us - can't recall seeing anyone even making these for Challengers...

·
Registered
490 Posts
You can also swap out your entire pumpkin for a getrag lsd in 3.73 or 3.92

And add beefier axles and hubs. I did this on my charger. Great mod.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 09 RT auto. Can we install lower ratio gears in the rear (replace the 3.06 with something around 3.50 or 3.75)? This is a real big mod for Mustangs, just wondering if it's an option for us - can't recall seeing anyone even making these for Challengers...
Take a look at these.....they are made by Richmond Gear... you have your choice of 3:23 or 3:55

Challenger Ring and Pinion Gears - shopHEMI.com

Jegs and Summit also carry them.

rich

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think the rt auto gets the open diff. Changing gears will be fun but you will still have the peg leg. Swaping the diff out you can get the lsd and gearing at the same time. Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the rt auto gets the open diff. Changing gears will be fun but you will still have the peg leg. Swaping the diff out you can get the lsd and gearing at the same time. Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.
Did your swap not result in wheel hop? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts