Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack M6
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll. Just me thinking out loud here. I bought my scat thinking "I'll DD this thing and love it!." I've driven nothing but rwd stick shift cars my whole life so that's not the issue. My last car was a mustang GT and I drove it in snow and whatnot. The thing is, this scat pack is so beautiful I can't bring myself to drive it in salt or leave it sit all day in a shady parking garage downtown. I'm still planning on taking her to work some, and rain doesn't bother me, but I'd like to save some wear on her so I can keep the car a long time. I ended up picking up an old '02 taurus with 219,000 miles on it that drives and looks like new as my winter/ bad neighborhood beater lol. I'm pretty in awe that I was able to buy this dream car. I totally get the "they're meant to be driven" thing and I will drive her. Put over 2k on her in the two months so far. But, I want to keep her as long as I can.

What's your story?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty much the same...but I avoid rain too. I bought this 2000 Durango 4x4 for my winter and work car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I completely agree. I drive my Ram 1500 every day 60 miles round trip. 185000 miles later, it's still running strong. I have had my scat pack anniversary edition 2 months now, and only 960 or so miles. I love my sinamon stick so she stays covered every day it's not sunny.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I keep my Scat Pack dry by thankfully having a huge garage and leaving it there in bad weather. I liked my SP Challenger (first Dodge) so much I bought a GT AWD as a daily driver to the city.

·
Banned
173 Posts
We'll put less than 1000 miles per year (if that) on the R/T blacktop. I love driving it, but I think I like looking at it just as much.

Here's my 2002 HD DWG... I haven't been on it since 2008. I keep it clean and shiny, start it once per month. I installed a 95" top w/Andrews TW37 cams, hydraulic tensioners, 2006 OEM large port heads, SE 44mm carb and a Wood Performance K3 needle. I should have went with .030 head gaskets to bump the compression, but I was concerened with knocking via seasonal fuel. It pulls like a freight train now, but swallows gas like mad! I thought I may have installed the pistons in reverse, so I got a hold of a miniature camera that doctors use, to get a gandy inside the jugs... Success! :)

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack M6
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been into building old cars for the last 5 years or so. I finally sold my hog a few months ago after about 3 years of not riding much. :(

·
Banned
173 Posts
I have been into building old cars for the last 5 years or so. I finally sold my hog a few months ago after about 3 years of not riding much. :(
It's scary out there! When texting happened, I stopped riding. Too many guys/gals getting rear-ended by "hipsters". :mad:

·
Registered
2019 Sublime R/T Blacktop
72 Posts
I have a 2010 Charger SXT I kept as my daily driver. I bought it used in 2010 with 11,000 miles. It now has 158,000. I kept under 3,000 miles on my Challenger after a year. A year and 2 months in and I am at 3,500. I missed driving it and started taking it cruising more. Went up to the mountains a couple weeks ago which finally got me over 3,000.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack M6
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 2010 Charger SXT I kept as my daily driver. I bought it used in 2010 with 11,000 miles. It now has 158,000. I kept under 3,000 miles on my Challenger after a year. A year and 2 months in and I am at 3,500. I missed driving it and started taking it cruising more. Went up to the mountains a couple weeks ago which finally got me over 3,000.
wow that is low miles! i do plan on driving mine at least 8k per year, maybe 10. So far I'm doing 1k per month but hoping to take it down some during the winter.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,019 Posts
Put studded tires on my hellcat 2.5 weeks ago to drive all winter. Broke my leg two weeks ago (ice on a trial, had ice grips on). Both the car and I are parked for several months.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,195 Posts
Have had two cars for a number of years now but I don't rely upon one car for my day to day usage and one for strictly pleasure usage. I seldom had the time to just drive somewhere for pleasure. So my work commute -- 30 miles -- is both my work commute and my pleasure drive.

So most recently with my Hellcat I drove it a couple of times a week as my work commute vehicle. I sometimes skipped day if it was rainy because rain in CA brings out the stupid in drivers and I didn't want to get the Hellcat smashed. (My new 2008 Cayman S got smashed 4 weeks after I bought it in the right, light rain, when another driver lost control of her car in the wet.)

When I left CA I sold my 2nd car, my MINI JCW. For a few weeks the Hellcat was my only car and it got driven whenever I needed a car. Then bought the M-B Metris cargo van. I drive it for shopping trips -- yesterday for example when I went shopping for a floor lamp, some night stands for the bedroom. But it has carried a new recliner, floor fan, radiant electric heaters, and other apartment furnishings.

The a couple of weeks ago traded in the Hellcat for my 2020 Scat Pack. I'm having a hard time leaving this at home pretty much except for like yesterday when I used the van when I went shpping for a floor lamp and other bulky items that may not have all fit in the Scat Pack trunk.

Do not know what winter will bring to NWA (Benton County AR) but I have the van to use if I decide the leave the Scat Pack parked.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I enjoy driving the heck out of my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker as a DD. Just past 80k miles. I probably would have been at 90k if it wasn't for working from home now.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack M6
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What a bunch of lightweights, I put 6000 miles on mine in two months😁
I know right?! I have 2 cars in my garage and three in the driveway now I need to put miles on! I've been mostly teleworking lately as well.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
235 Posts
The SP is my 1st modern muscle after having classic muscle cars for about a dozen years. It was bought never intending to DD it, and I haven't. Its also my first car with a stick in more than 20 years. My skills with the stick are just average, and I don't drive it enough to really get good at it, but its fun. If I were to DD something, I'd need a four door & an automatic, for times when I need to switch off with my wife. My DD is a caddy CT6, so I'm not suffering. Challenger was bought summer of 2019 w 5600 miles on it. Its now right around 10K.
Side Note - my last car prior to the SP was a very nicely sorted 1970 442, 455 auto with 3.23 posi. When I was thinking about switching I said let me go drive one and see how it feels. After driving it I said holy crap, this will kick the crap out of my Olds. When people talk about the Golden Age of Horsepower, its going on now.

·
Registered
2021 Redeye
358 Posts
Everyone that buys a vehicle, is a gift to themselves. I personally don't understand how/why people buy vehicles and don't drive them especially when you're paying three 3-$4000 a year for insurance. The only thing I buy and put up is Gold/Firearms. When I bought my hellcat the dealer asked me if I was going to drive it "much" I :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: and told him "I'm going to drive the F--k out of it"

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
235 Posts
I don't understand why people care how other people use their cars, but that's just me. BTW - I'm only paying $700 yr for insurance

Everyone that buys a vehicle, is a gift to themselves. I personally don't understand how/why people buy vehicles and don't drive them especially when you're paying three 3-$4000 a year for insurance. The only thing I buy and put up is Gold/Firearms. When I bought my hellcat the dealer asked me if I was going to drive it "much" I :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: and told him "I'm going to drive the F--k out of it"

1 - 20 of 59 Posts