Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a guide or any tips and the bulb to replace the stock front ambers\turn signals with? Apparently @ 30k my front right is blown out turn signal wise, the bright bulb is fine, just the low-beam (normal) is blown :-\, thanks.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
If I understand your question, you just want to replace your stock bulb. The bulb is a 3157A. The bulb socket rotates aprox 1/4 turn to pull it from the light fixture. Pull the bulb out of the socket.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that is what replaces the front turn signals? Awesome, strange they use a 3157A in the front and a 3057LL in the back when 3157A is brighter on "low" o_O

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, 3157A is not the bulb you use, you have to use a 4157NA\3157NA, just the 3157A doesn't have the right connector for our car.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So was
This or is this why your right rear light is not working?
Yes it is, apparently when the one of the two filaments on the front turn signals is out, it'll trigger the fast blinking and clicking which messes up the pattern of the sequential (and also burns up bulbs, that makes them sequence SUPER fast)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know how to do this on a 2016 challenger? On older models you can change out the bulb but what about newer ones ?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Anyone know how to do this on a 2016 challenger? On older models you can change out the bulb but what about newer ones ?
Something has to be plugged into the wiring harness to illuminate the parking light and turn signal. Pull the wiring harness out of the turn signal housing and see what’s plugged into it. Whatever that is, if it no longer works, replace it with another one.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
The DRL/Turn signal is out? Both? They are LED halos and part of the headlight assembly. If DRLs are both out, it could be the drive, if only one, it could be the wiring, but the actual DRL is also possible

A Guy

·
Registered
16,215 Posts
Does anybody have a guide or any tips and the bulb to replace the stock front ambers\turn signals with? Apparently @ 30k my front right is blown out turn signal wise, the bright bulb is fine, just the low-beam (normal) is blown :-\, thanks.
What year?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
Lol :D

A Guy