Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to be replacing the chrome grill surround with a black surround one, does anyone have any pointers or write-ups on the install?
I did a search and couldn't find much.... this is going on a 2017 challenger R/T scat..
thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
going to be replacing the chrome grill surround with a black surround one, does anyone have any pointers or write-ups on the install?
I did a search and couldn't find much.... this is going on a 2017 challenger R/T scat..
thanks.
Check out this thread...looks like the easiest way to remove those grille inserts is to pull the front bumper facia.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636090

---------------------------

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks XLRRR8.... wonder if anyone has any write-ups on the removal and install of the grill surround. i actually painted them matte blk which turned out pretty nice... but already having chips in the paint from road debris...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
There a a bunch of write-ups. Search "Butter knife method". After reading what it takes to remove/replace.....I'm going to tape mine off and paint it instead.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys... i did paint mine which turned out pretty good, its just the paint seems to chip easy, maybe it i put a clear coat over the paint that would help....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after reading up some, i may just leave it painted and do a clear coat over the grill surround to keep with chips...
some people say the install isnt bad some say it kinda sucks... lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Attached is a PDF that might help and I've added another link that takes you to information on the Mopar.com website...both documents show how to remove the front clip to swap out grills. These should give you an idea of how to go about doing it. Some say it doesn't take more than 1/2 hour if you have another person there to help you remove the bumper clip. Others say it takes a while longer if it's your first time doing something like this.

Mopar.com Replacement Information

----------------------------------------------

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,709 Posts
This video they remove the front clip

A Guy

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I tried the butter knife deal. It didn’t work. The tabs are a pain. Just pull the nose off and then you can snap the tabs off from the back. It is pretty much a one and done on them tabs anyway

Taking the nose off is about 30 min if you have done it before
So plan on a few hrs. But that is the right way to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot A GUY that video was really good....... the install doesn't really look that bad.... I'm going to give it a shot.. thanks guys..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts