Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2010 SRT8 Challenger. I picked up a 6.4 exhaust from the cats back. Right now I'm running SLP Long tube headers and SLP straight pipes. I'm tired of the loud rumble and the constant check engine light being on. Could never get the Tuner to load the tune. So would it be easiest to keep the long pipes and have the 6.4 exhaust welded on, or find the original exhaust manifold and down pipes and do it that way?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I assume its the long tubes giving you the check engine light. If that's correct, it wouldn't make sense to just weld on the 6.4 exhaust welded on to the longtubes as you'd still get a thrown code.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume its the long tubes giving you the check engine light. If that's correct, it wouldn't make sense to just weld on the 6.4 exhaust welded on to the longtubes as you'd still get a thrown code.
I figured that much and will just get some o2 deletes. I don't have any back pressure and the car feels sluggish.

·
Registered
442 Posts
headers or stock manifold

personally, i would put the stock manifold and then modify cat-back with your favorite exhaust. Why phuck with check engine lights when the SRT stock manifolds are not a bad choice. these can be had off the forum for a very reasonable price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts