Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just got around to getting some cheap side marker LED replacement lights. First one when in perfect - but when I put the second one in on the other side of the front, it came on momentarily then all of the side market lights (and tail lights) turned off. I took that LED bulb out and tried another - it stayed lit for 30 seconds and again all lights all around the car went dark. I could turn the light switch off, then on - and they would come on, but then go dark. When I put the original bulbs back, the problem went away.
So - I'm looking for recommendations for the LED side light bulbs. I don't care about them being brighter or whiter - I just want to switch to LED and still have reliable lights.
If you switched yours without any problems, please tell me what LED bulbs you used and where I can get them.
Also, do I need to add resistors for those side marker lights - is that why the lights went out?

My car is a 2011 Challenger.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
And no, they do not require resistors. That is assuming that they are designed for 12 volt systems.
Resistors are only needed to prevent hyper flash of the turn signal lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts