Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the ugly stock shift knob or get a new shifter.
Has anyone changed just the knob and used the same boot? Does it look clean?

What about shifter options? I know about the Hurst Shifter, but does anyone have any recommendations on other shifters?

I am just looking for a better looking shifter/Knob. If you could post pics that would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
As far as I know you can't change the knob without destroying the factory one. And I don't know how its attached, I know that it is not threaded on- I imagine that it is fused or molded onto the stick. I haven't found anybody that sells just a threaded stick either. I like pistol grips just not the factory one, so I ordered a hurst black anodized billet grip and I'm fabricating a stick based on an idea I got from another members post. He used a straight half inch bolt, cut the head off, and drilled and tapped it to mount to the factory location. I'm kinda doing the same thing but I want it a little further toward the console so I don't have to reach as much. With some trial and error I think it'll work perfectly(bolts are cheap). When I get mine finished I'll be sure to post some details and pictures. Also my brother-in-law talked to George over at MGW Shifters and he said that they are considering making a billet shifter for the Challenger 6-speed cars in the very near future. I hope it's for real because they manufacture some excellent shifters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts