Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
The only other 4 doors I would ever consider, as a primary car, are the 300, Chevrolet SS, CTS-V. As a toy, maybe a Jag. I have zero interest of driving a FWD again.
The Cadillac is the only car on your list I'd go in for.......but if I just had to have a 4 door. I'd even more likely go German. A BMW or even Mercedes......yeah I know different price range for sure but I'd just suck it up anyway.

For me the 4 door Charger just doesn't make the grade on too many levels starting with an over all "appearance" I simply don't like at all. That's completely subjective opinion and I don't expect universal agreement.......but it's how I see the car. All the motor and horse power in the world can't fix the ugly I see when I look at it.

On a more positive note?

The one person I know who drives one regularly is a COP. As a police car he claims it's "pretty good" for that use.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would drive a Jeep Gladiator or Jeep Wrangler 4 Door before ANY of those non MOPAR 4 doors. (Did not even mention Track Hawk).
Sure ...... maybe.......but then again those aren't cars. If you prioritize a CAR like ride (acceleration, handling, braking and cornering as whole package).......a Jeep won't make it to anyone's short list.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
824 Posts
The Cadillac is the only car on your list I'd go in for.......but if I just had to have a 4 door. I'd even more likely go German. A BMW or even Mercedes......yeah I know different price range for sure but I'd just suck it up anyway.

For me the 4 door Charger just doesn't make the grade on too many levels starting with an over all "appearance" I simply don't like at all. That's completely subjective opinion and I don't expect universal agreement.......but it's how I see the car. All the motor and horse power in the world can't fix the ugly I see when I look at it.

On a more positive note?

The one person I know who drives one regularly is a COP. As a police car he claims it's "pretty good" for that use.
I had a 2006 Charger R/T until 2015, loved it every day, then I dabbled in German (2004 Crossfire, 2005 SLK), never again. Nice cars, but not with my money, and if/when something breaks that isn't a wear item, you are beyond screwed. But they were sharp and a blast to drive. That SLK was well over $50K when new, I don't know who would have bought it new, but used, it was a nice car for nice price. I only got them because they "technically" were Chrysler related, but both 100% German. (2005 MB cars manufacture labels say "Daimler/Chrysler" ;-) )
I don't think there is a nicer looking sedan out there under the price of a Hellcat Charger. It is beyond gorgeous and menacing in the right trim, just yeah, doesn't look like a 1969 Charger, then again, neither does a 1966, or a 1986, just names. Look at the car, and the interior, can't complain there, other than more rear leg room, effectively identical to Challenger.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts