Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read through countless threads and posts before I decided to install the Charger tube with an AEM filter a few months ago; however, I am wondering if it is necessary to get an aftermarket intake if I install headers. I'm looking to do headers along with a dyno tune eventually. The extent of my mods would be full exhaust, thermostat, and custom tune. I'm just looking for more power on the street. I don't race, but I wouldn't mind having the ability to make some quicker than stock passes at the local drag strip. I've seen supercharger kits using the factory air box, so I'm assuming it is in fact a good design and functions well for a 5.7 HEMI, correct? Should I even bother getting an aftermarket intake?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The stock intake flows very well apparently. You do not HAVE to go with a CAI for your header install but it will help out a little.

Where the CAI's come into play is the heat soak. The stock tubing (even the charger tube) holds heat and takes several minutes of driving at 60+ mph in order to get it back down to ambient temps. A good intake should reduce that significantly.

Here is my LMI test.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/lmi-fender-pull-v2-temp-averages-102139/

The reason no one is replying is that this subject is beat to death on this forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts