Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get some Challenger inspiration into my Sunday.

I have a good friend (a lucky 20 something guy) who has a 2019 SP he bought new and had a plan to do some interesting exterior mods.

He finally got them done this past fall before him n I stored our Challengers. Sooo, we both decided to do a quick photo shoot beforehand.

Let me know what you like or dislike about his transformation:

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive design Vehicle Alloy wheel

Automotive design Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Don't be too harsh.

Premium Member

I have a good friend (a lucky 20 something guy) who has a 2019 SP he bought new and had a plan to do some interesting exterior mods.

He finally got them done this past fall before him n I stored our Challengers. Sooo, we both decided to do a quick photo shoot beforehand.

View attachment 1011770
View attachment 1011771
View attachment 1011772

Don't be too harsh.
:sick: yellow and white looks like a Taxi

Registered
Should make it easier to describe to strangers when he can't find it.

I'm assuming your young friend is blind?

Premium Member
Ok, I'm not a fan of the yellow and white. It looks pretty abrupt to me.

Now, if you want to salvage that look and (legitimately) do a cool retro theme, the fellow will need to add some offset, accent fade stripes in between the white and yellow line. Super popular in the mid 70's. Fades 1' stripes of thin, red to reddish brown to orange finishing in yellow MAY work. Up to that point I dont' know.

I thought the mid 70's roadrunner did the best with a bad situation.

Consider...

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should make it easier to describe to strangers when he can't find it.

I'm assuming your young friend is blind?
That's not too harsh 馃榿. I do wonder what motivated him?

Anyway, he woks for PPG so he's seen some "bizarre" exterior things people do.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I'm not a fan of the yellow and white. It looks pretty abrupt to me.

Now, if you want to salvage that look and (legitimately) do a cool retro theme, the fellow will need to add some offset, accent fade stripes in between the white and yellow line. Super popular in the mid 70's. Fades 1' stripes of thin, red to reddish brown to orange finishing in yellow MAY work. Up to that point I dont' know.

I thought the mid 70's roadrunner did the best with a bad situation.

Consider...
I agree. It needs some type of transition from white to yellow.

Registered
And to follow any body line at all... If he doesn't want it to look like a waterline from parking in a pool of piss.

Hey thanks for this Jeffroeson. This is chasing away the blues afterall.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And to follow any body line at all... If he doesn't want it to look like a waterline from parking in a pool of piss.

Hey thanks for this Jeffroeson. This is chasing away the blues afterall.
This ones cracking me up Opticon 馃槀馃ぃ no blues here either.

I would have painted the rear spoiler white. He asked me about that, but didn't listen.

Premium Member

View attachment 1011770
View attachment 1011771
View attachment 1011772

Don't be too harsh.
I'm totally onboard with what you did with your car. Black and Sublime work.

It's amazing your 20 something friend can afford such a car. That's great. If I am being totally honest here, I would probably do the same thing he did if I was in my 20's. Congrats to both of you.

Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
I'm getting closer to deciding on ordering a 2021. If Sublime was an option it would be my #1 choice.
So awesome. 馃憡

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm getting closer to deciding on ordering a 2021. If Sublime was an option it would be my #1 choice.
So awesome. 馃憡
Thanks 馃憡........I know what you mean. Too bad it's not available for 2021. You could look for a 2019 model. There's a lot more choices to get it in...........https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/how-sublime-heritage-inspired-high-impact-green-is-back-for-2019-dodge-challenger-and-dodge-charger-300787121.html

Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
Anyway, he woks for PPG so he's seen some "bizarre" exterior things people do.
So.......I鈥檒l go with the guess that it鈥檚 actual PAINT...and not a WRAP, meaning it is not reversible, short of repainting again?

Does Preparation H come in five gallon pails? Looks like a hemorrhoid to me. Sorry. Hard to believe anyone would hack a factory paint job on that new of a car.....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts