Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had code p2610 appear for the second time. I cleared it last time by disconnecting neg cable on battery. Worked for about a month of weekend driving. Just had the car at englishtown and ran consistent 12.7s in the heat with the code problem . Car is 12 srt yellow jacket with auto. No other mods . Will getting a tuner like trinity or i2 help code to clear as well as giving me a performance increase or should I buy a new unlocked Pcm with tuner and proceed from there? For the time being I will try to clear code with battery trick again but it does not look like the correct/ long term fix.
Thank

·
Registered
110 Posts
P2610 code definition

ECM/PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Performance

What the P2610 code means

P2610 is an OBD-II generic code for the Engine Control Module (ECM) detecting that the internal ECM or PCM engine off timer is not performing as it needs to be.

What causes the P2610 code?

The ECM monitors the internal timer of the ECM or PCM for when the engine is off and sets the code if the problem occurs two key cycles in a row.

The ECM/PCM cannot detect the engine off time, when it is programming a new drive cycle.

How serious is the P2610 code?

Code P2610 is an indication that the ECM/PCM cannot detect how long the engine has been turned off and this is needed to complete a drive cycle for the internal test monitors. This may cause the monitors to not get completed and this will fail the vehicle emissions.

What repairs can fix the P2610 code?

Replace the ECM/PCM
Reprogram the ECM/PCM
Repair the wiring to the ECM/PCM for shorted key power to battery power.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thank you for your response. I am aware of what the code means. Will getting a tuner reprogram my pcm/Ecm and clear the code as well as giving me some performance gains or do I need /want to get an unlocked pcm and tuner to get past the code and gain performance? I am not sure if my question is as clear as I want it to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts