Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friend has fell in love with my car and wants one. He asked me what is the cheapest I could get one for he doesn't care how used or whatever. He wants good quality and not beat up. I told him to buy something cheap and get a challenger down the road when you have more money. But he is hardheaded. I told him it'll probably be a ex rental or repossession. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hello my friend has fell in love with my car and wants one. He asked me what is the cheapest I could get one for he doesn't care how used or whatever. He wants good quality and not beat up. I told him to buy something cheap and get a challenger down the road when you have more money. But he is hardheaded. I told him it'll probably be a ex rental or repossession. What do you guys think?
what engine he wants.. if he doesnt care.. he could buy one rebuilt title for like 5g's

·
Registered
449 Posts
What is the definition of cheap should be able to get a v6 at a decent price if all he wants is looks ( not bashing anyone's v6's) I know theres some bad azz 6's out there

·
Registered
981 Posts
You're not really defining what 'cheap' is, price-wise. New base SXTs with no options could be had for as low as $20k. You can get well into the single digits with ones that are salvaged, 150k miles, etc.

Challengers retain their value pretty well, so truly cheap examples will be beat, high-mileage, or have a bad history. It's up to him what matters in the short and long term. Spending more now and maintaining it well will probably result in lower cost over the long term than buying thrashed cars over and over.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
981 Posts
This person is going to turn 18 he wants like a 12k challenger haha
For $12k he'll be able to find a decent SE or SXT with a clean title, probably approaching 100k miles. 3.5L is more likely, but 3.6L isn't impossible with a little patience. V8 is probably out of the realm of possibility unless it's been totaled or something.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
For that money a 2010 SE with higher than average miles should be an easy find. Most of those that I see have the stripes and the Magnum-looking 18" wheels so they dont look like a low end model.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have $2000 saved if I could buy a salveged rt with a working engine I would in a heartbeat. Just for parts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts