Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cheap tire and rim to fit 2015 SRT Challenger. Strictly to allow me to do tire rotation in my driveway. Essentially take OEM wheel off, put temporary on, lower jack move to next wheel, swap etc. work my way around until back to original starting point and swap OEM for temporary. Done. Do any of the previous "donuts" fit over the 2015 brakes? Short of jacking up all four corners at once or allowing some hack shop to use over torqued air tool I don't see another way.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
I've been meaning to find the answer to this for myself but still haven't gotten around to it.

I "think" the charger police steelies (only need one) will fit on the rear and if that's true you could do a proper rearward cross rotation by yourself and only have to jack up one side of the car at a time.

Jack the right side first, put the steelie on the right rear and it stays there til the end.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for a cheap tire and rim to fit 2015 SRT Challenger. Strictly to allow me to do tire rotation in my driveway. Essentially take OEM wheel off, put temporary on, lower jack move to next wheel, swap etc. work my way around until back to original starting point and swap OEM for temporary. Done. Do any of the previous "donuts" fit over the 2015 brakes? Short of jacking up all four corners at once or allowing some hack shop to use over torqued air tool I don't see another way.
I ended up buying another floor jack. It was less work and quicker to just jack it up one side at a time. Isn't the cross method of rotating old? Most performance tires directional.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
I ended up buying another floor jack. It was less work and quicker to just jack it up one side at a time. Isn't the cross method of rotating old? Most performance tires directional.
No stock Challenger tire is directional and the OM recommends a cross rotation as shown above, although they call it a forward cross, it's the same pattern. I don't like jacking up the whole car, this be easy with an extra wheel and tire.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts