Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I would like to go to my local drag strip on grudge night. I really would like to go with 18" rims and DR's on my 2020 Scat Pack but sounds like it can be a little work. That said who makes an inexpensive 20x9 or maybe 9 1/2" rim so I can buy 20" DR's just for drag night. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the same except using 17" and mounting Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag radial 305/45/17. On the drag strip or street for that matter you want more sidewall on the tire.. more the better. You can "load up" the tires upon launch. I have a 1320 and using the transbrake it will break loose the tires pretty easily because the 20" tires don't load up. You know how drag tires wrinkle up on top fuel dragsters... that's what I'm after. Here is a picture of a Hellcat Redeye with 17" and micky thompson ET. He got tired of having no traction...lol

These are Weld Racing Forged wheels.. bad ass... he's got the same on the front except they are 20"

I seen a guy on FaceBook who had 17" solid black steel wheels on the back of his Challenger. He mentioned they was 17" wheels for drag use only. I asked him where did he get them and what offset but he never replied back.

I've been meaning to take one of my wheels off and measure what offset they are but been to busy. If I can find that out then I already know the bolt pattern in which is 5X115mm.... should be easy to come up with something... I hope. Might have to buy some cheap name brand wheels in order to find something to fit. Or just go straight Weld Racing wheels and MT tires which runs over $5000..... lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the same except using 17" and mounting Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag radial 305/45/17. On the drag strip or street for that matter you want more sidewall on the tire.. more the better. You can "load up" the tires upon launch. I have a 1320 and using the transbrake it will break loose the tires pretty easily because the 20" tires don't load up. You know how drag tires wrinkle up on top fuel dragsters... that's what I'm after. Here is a picture of a Hellcat Redeye with 17" and micky thompson ET. He got tired of having no traction...lol

These are Weld Racing Forged wheels.. bad ass... he's got the same on the front except they are 20"

I seen a guy on FaceBook who had 17" solid black steel wheels on the back of his Challenger. He mentioned they was 17" wheels for drag use only. I asked him where did he get them and what offset but he never replied back.

I've been meaning to take one of my wheels off and measure what offset they are but been to busy. If I can find that out then I already know the bolt pattern in which is 5X115mm.... should be easy to come up with something... I hope. Might have to buy some cheap name brand wheels in or to find something to fit. Or just go straight Weld Racing wheels and MT tires which runs over $5000..... lol

View attachment 1025067
What have you done with your front Nexen Drag Radials? Do you have them laying around?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I've been meaning to take one of my wheels off and measure what offset they are but been to busy. If I can find that out then I already know the bolt pattern in which is 5X115mm.... should be easy to come up with something... I hope. Might have to buy some cheap name brand wheels in or to find something to fit. Or just go straight Weld Racing wheels and MT tires which runs over $5000..... lol

View attachment 1025067
I am trying to do this on a lower budget. DR’s will be 300$ each plus rims so just a few nights at the strip will be close to 1000$. I’m ok with that going beyond I’m good.

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
What have you done with your front Nexen Drag Radials? Do you have them laying around?
I have not did anything yet. I have a brand new set of Nexen drag radials going on after I wear the Nexens out that are on the car now. It's a 1320... it came with Nexens on all four corners. I got the new Nexens for $175 each. I couldn't pass that up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi I would like to go to my local drag strip on grudge night. I really would like to go with 18" rims and DR's on my 2020 Scat Pack but sounds like it can be a little work. That said who makes an inexpensive 20x9 or maybe 9 1/2" rim so I can buy 20" DR's just for drag night. Thanks guys
Hi still hoping for help on buying a basic set of rims to mount 20” DR’s for occasional drag night. I only plan on using this setup on drag day only. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts